Redcone Pass - Sunday, August 3rd.

cewtwo

AirDown-1.jpg

Redcone Pass is a fun trail that goes above timberline and has some thrilling, heart pounding downhill steep action. The Mighty YJ was the trail leader on this trip. It was the only rig that had done the trail before.
The group is airing down tires and getting ready to make the run. 5 rigs went on this trail ride.
NearTheTop-1.jpg

After completing the rock field, and getting through the tight turns of the trees, the group settled down for a group shot and some rest before tackling the heights and the steeps!
MountainGost-1.jpg

You never know what you'll see on this trail. It is obviously shedding season for the mountain goat! This small group of goats were at the summit of the pass giving our group a look at their family lifestyle. What a way to eek out an existance! There were baby billy goats in the group.
There are some vast 360 degree views from this mountain top!
SteepBrian-1.jpg

This is the first steep. There is a definite pucker factor as you drive over the edge and proceed downward. Everybody had a thrilling story to tell when they reached the bottom!
WebsterCantPass-1.jpg

At Webster Pass, most people generally head back to US highway 285. This snow drift is still 15 feet high and just motorbikes and ATVs can get by.
InTheDrink-1.jpg

Our way out was through Montezuma and Keystone, Colorado. That got us to Loveland Pass and access to I-70. On the way, we were able to see how water tight our chassis were as we forded this creek.

It was a fun trail and a good group of people.

If you are interested, you can read more about this trail here -
TrailDamage.com - Red Cone

very nice pics. one of these days imma join you folks again.

I did this run 2 weeks ago and had a blast, after redcone pass we went on and did Radical Hill ! I want to live in CO. 8) \

When we started up the pass we went up Websters pass and snow was blocking the way, had to turn around and back track up redcone pass.

We also did Chinaman Gulch and Wheelers Lake. among others 8)

The best Vacation we ever had!!!

You sure picked some of top notch trails in the area. Everything you did was very scenic, too!

Great choices. Next time you're about, let me know! I want to go!

Back