WA - Reiter Trails closure information!!!

Ba-Riedo

Here is some information for everyone who wheels or rides at Reiter Trails in the Gold Bar area of Washington State:

Future Recreation at Reiter Foothills
The Reiter Foothills Recreation advisory committee has completed its work. DNR is now beginning work on internal review and development of a draft recreation plan for the area. We hope to have that plan ready for public input and SEPA review late this summer.
This Week at Reiter – Important Changes
In the meantime, we are continuing work on interim measures that are consistent with the draft planning concepts. This weekend, we will begin closing some of the off-road vehicle trails in Reiter Foothills. The measures are necessary to reduce the loss of fish habitat and to protect downstream water quality.
ORV riding will still be allowed in many areas, specifically in places that are being considered as potential riding areas under the recreation plan for Reiter due out this summer.
Effective June 19, all trails north of May Creek and south of the Deer Creek crossings will be closed.
Effective July 15, all trails in a small area north and west of Hogarty Creek will be closed.
Closed trails will be clearly marked with signs. We appreciate anything you can do to help us communicate this message. Please forward this e-mail to your friends and recreation colleagues.

My staff and I are committed to working with local user groups to transition the Reiter area from an unsanctioned recreational facility to a sanctioned facility that meets environmental standards and provides users with a safe, enjoyable, and sustainable recreational experience. DNR is working with various partners to identify high-priority restoration projects that can be done in the next few months to address environmental damage in the area. DNR will be working with user groups and volunteers to sponsor work parties to help manage the area and protect resources. Please contact David Way at (360) 854-2830 for more information and dates of upcoming volunteer events.

Thanks!

This disappoints me, I really enjoy a lot of the trails there and will miss TOD and the Index Wall trail the most.:( Land closures happen, but this happened a lot faster then any of us were expecting.

-Alex

Back