New offroad park in PA

scramblr

Northumberland County's OHV Recreation Park is currently in the planning phase. The proposed plan for the park is to take county owned, abondoned coal lands and convert them in to an all encompassing outdoor recreation park. This will formalize approximately 6,000 acres in to an outdoor recreation park. This will create a nationwide tourist attraction with all facets of recreation trails ranging from mountain biking, hunting, and walking, to atv and full size off road vehicle trails, rock gardens, and attractions. The public meeting for the OHV Park is Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at 6:30 in the Shamokin Area High School Auditorium to discuss concerns and plans. Anyone who can show up for support would be greatly appreiciated.

This park is amazing. I am the son of one of the masterminds behind the park. You can't fathem what will be there now and then. It's perfection for a offroading park!

Best bet is to keep up to date on everything on Facebook! Check out Northumberland County OHV Park and theres a yes yes yes page and the official page.

Reading through the discussions/posts on the "Yes, Yes, Yes" facebook page, it would appear that the locals are in fact totally insane. It's a shame too...I don't understand why they are so opposed to boosting the local economy. Somebody should tell them that if they hadn't run the Knosps out of the state Paragon would still be thriving and this wouldn't even be an issue. Someone actually said (and I'm paraphrasing here cause I can't remember the exact words) "If you can afford to spend all this money upgrading your off road vehicle, you should be able to afford your own land to wheel it on". Really?

Reading through the discussions/posts on the "Yes, Yes, Yes" facebook page, it would appear that the locals are in fact totally insane. It's a shame too...I don't understand why they are so opposed to boosting the local economy. Somebody should tell them that if they hadn't run the Knosps out of the state Paragon would still be thriving and this wouldn't even be an issue. Someone actually said (and I'm paraphrasing here cause I can't remember the exact words) "If you can afford to spend all this money upgrading your off road vehicle, you should be able to afford your own land to wheel it on". Really?

These are some of the things that are dealt with all the time. We need to have people for the park at the next meeting to show what its about. Also, you gotta look at its only a few voices, not everyone

These are some of the things that are dealt with all the time. We need to have people for the park at the next meeting to show what its about. Also, you gotta look at its only a few voices, not everyone

When is the next meeting? I'm more than willing to go and support the park if I don't have a prior commitment, but I don't know how much influence I would have since I don't live locally and would be coming up from the Baltimore area. I'm afraid my opinion would just get dismissed.

When is the next meeting? I'm more than willing to go and support the park if I don't have a prior commitment, but I don't know how much influence I would have since I don't live locally and would be coming up from the Baltimore area. I'm afraid my opinion would just get dismissed.

Its in march sometime, forget the exact date. And your opinion wouldn't be dismissed by anyone on the committee or with people who want it. The people who don't want it, well you can be a local or a foreigner, they don't care.

Meeting went amazing last night about this park guys. $80 a year membership for fullsize, early speculation is hopeful by 2013 opening! Full steam ahead!

$80 a year plus a daily fee or just $80 a year for unlimited access? This will be much closer to me then Rausch Creek, I'm in Lancaster.

Back