Rebel Offroad's 9/4 Big Bear Adventure Trip Report

REBEL OFFROAD

Official Vendor

Rebels,
We asked - you answered. Our first official customer appreciation run is in the books and - pardon my french - hot damn it was a blast!

With over 20 Jeeps of all generations in attendance and 50+ guests - we dominated Big Bear. The sun was shining and the rigs were wheeling. First things first - thank you all so much for the fun, the support and the enthusiasm.

The Rebel gang met at the Rebel Cabin Friday night and go to setting up and preparing for the masses. 0900 Saturday morning rolled around and we met with the run groups at the Big Bear Discovery Center. While we tried to get there first apparently some guests rise earlier than others :)

Old friends met new faces and the Jeep bond grew. I gathered everyone together around 0930 and we conducted our driver's meeting. I ran over the safety basics and discussed the two different run groups for the day. One group to run Mottino Wash and one group to run White Mountain.

I chose to run White Mountain with the relatively stock rigs because I wanted to be available to answer questions and help share some knowledge. Adam and Randall - senior Rebels - took control of the Mottino Wash run group along with Tom in his CJ buggy. I wanted seriously capable rigs to be there when technical recoveries might be needed. (And they were!)

White Mountain ended up being a little tougher than most expected. A few loose rocks caused some JK's to slide on an uphill climb and a winch + tow strap came to the rescue. Papa Shawn with his 2 little Rebels in their car seats got a little sideways and Jason in Party Barge tugged them on up the rest of their hill climb a little further down the trail.

We broke camp for lunch and broke out the RC cars from Axial - always a blast.

The rest of the trip was a easy washboard road out despite the dust storm than ensued. Windows rolled up saved our lungs!

I'll get more info from the Mottino Wash run group and post up a second trip report for their day. From what I gather - and my watch told - it was a much longer day for them. A tire blowout and a power steering failure turned a quick jaunt into a 6+ hour adventure.

THANK YOU ALL for the fun. It's why I'm in this business. See you next time!

Cheers,
Bond

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

Last edited: