Massachusetts/Boston Area

johnny7point0

Are there ANY places to do some offroading in the Boston / Northeastern Massachusetts area? I bought my Jeep a few months ago and the only places we have gone have been the parking lots where there are huge snow piles. Im getting frustrated.[addsig]

I use to take my area forgranted with so many places to get off the pavement here. Dude I hope you find some areas other than parking lots that has to suck. Hang in there someone knows something and will help I am sure. You are always welcome to drive down here to Tennessee and I will be glad to show you around! tug[addsig]

Hello i to live in this over populated hole and the spots i check out are private property or the friggin state who wastes a ton of land ! Sorry Johnny 7 i to suffer from the snowy parking lots!Lame huh! See ya! Steve :-? :-D[addsig]

Wow, Iam sorry I missed this posting. Mass jeepers man! Well there is the Mohawk trail out west which about a two hour haul out of town. You can also head up to maine an New Hampshire which is were I do most of my wheelin. Massachustts is very strict about letting any vehicle over 10 pounds in the state parks. And I advise that you not try, there is supposed legislation underway to try to reverse these decisions! For more local areas that I may not know, Get in touch with a couple of the local jeep clubs. I am in pocess of joining Baystate jeepers (baystatejeepers.com) but also try Mass Mudders (massmudders.com) and Patriot jeepers (patriotjeepers.com I think). here in Mass are ya, we should try to get together and do some wheelin' I heard the parking lot over at the square one mall in saugus still had a large snow pile!!

Johnny[addsig]

I live in Norwell MA, just south of boston, most of my offroading consists of illegally goin on private property and on powerlines where the stupid power companys leave all of their gates open. I have fun though, still plenty of obstacles to cause some damge!

Hey Guys!

I live in Marshfield, there are tons of places that you can go. I go all around Marshfield, no privte property! Off of 139, across from the high school. There is the fire trails (Old Pilgram Trail, goes from Marshfield to Plymouth)...also the Bridal Trails, off of Clay Pit road, and the Pit is in there..mostly ATV but I bring the Jeep down there.

I usually go out on weekends, the trails are easy, but some tough spots. I am lookin' for somebody to go out with, and do some tougher stuff...

I am new to this, I just bought Jeep. He likes when I take him out..I could also use some instruction how how to 4 wheel propaly with standard.

19wrangler89;

You have Wampatuck right there, can you go back there?

lauraboston lets get together!!! I live on the cape but marshfields not that far. about an hour or so I have a friend in pembroke I think thats near you, Ive been there once to work at the procuts but I dont remmember how to get there. My husband could teach how to wheel and you could show us where to go that would be awsome. email me 8)

purpleyjgirl,

Yeah! We will! I cant find your email, but mine is laura@wbsysnet.com. Nice, Jeep friends!!

I am going out this sunday (saturday I have to go to Natick). Pembroke is the next town over!

So, lets do this!!!

Laura

I am in!! And I am pretty sure Johnny7point0 will go, he lives like 5 miles away! Lets plan something for aug 23! (gives us ample time to put this together nice) who wants to be in charge of doing this, if no takers, I will. I sit on a computer all day anyways this time of year (summer class just got out) I want to wheel in mashfield in the worst way!

New to the board

Ok, yeah that will be cool. But I might need to take you down 10 miles of mud. :shock: I was advised to stay out of there (due to my inexperieance). The roads I go on are easy, well super easy.

First, the fire trail is super easy. Old Pilgram Trail on the fire trail side of is easy, but on the other side, there are ditches, that I didnt even try to get up, so I dont know what is beyond it.

Next, there are the trails near Prefection Fence (right at the set of lights). Back here is fun.

Then the Bridal Trails (off of Clay Pit Road) I just went into the pit when I went down here. But we can go all through the woods, it will be new to me.

I have nothing to compare these trails to. I have not been anywhere else. We use to party (when we were teenagers) down the Bridal Trails, and in the Pit. That is the only reason I know about them.

Then there is 10 miles of mud. My brother ownes a Cherokee, he said he got stuck down there, and advised me not to go down. If the trails I take you down dont fit your fancy, we can do 10 miles of mud. I'll be right behind ya!

If you guys just want to get out there, then its all good. If you want to 'push the limit' so say, I dont know if you will like it. I will try and take some pics this weekend down some of these trails and get them posted before the 23 so you can see what its like.

Easy or not, I don't care. Were there will be people of differeing experience, it would be good to start off at a very simple level, then slowly move up as the experience does. We can purposly get stuck, and demonstrate recovery, practice spotting other drivers on simple trails!

I haven't wheeled with a jeepz.com member yet, can't wait!!

Rear Diff wanted

My email is jps4jeep@aol.com

just drop a line! I can give you my phone# We will need to plan on a place to meet up close to the highway! Since we all will be traveling on rt 3! I am somewhat familiar with the area, I think like exit 7 is cherry hill lane or something cherry that has been closed for construction a year ago?

Johnny7point0 and bostonjeep, if you wanna cruise down with me, let's think where to meet. The good Times/Home depot parking lot in somerville is very central to the three of us!

Johnny

i'm going to the cape that weekend and would like to join in with some jeepz.com members, since i haven't really done too much wheeling. there are a bunch of places to go but i don't really have anyone to go with :cry: .......just in case!!!!! hopefully i can make it out soon with someone/anyone

ray

Back