Trails in pa

kylltz

Anyone know of any trails/trail rides that are near the east side of pa or anywhere? My dad used to do the jeep jamborees but I am his son and would like to go off roading with him.

Rausch Creek has some nice trails if you don't mind paying the price to drive in an ORV Park.Everything else I know is private land.

I've never been to Rausch Creek, but keep meaning to.

Rausch Creek Off Road Park

Rausch Creek Off Road Park is devoted to providing a fun legal place for 4x4 off road clubs and organizations to go "wheeling." The park consists of almost 3,000 acres of easy, intermediate, and hard trails. Rocks, bowls, hills, the glacial "Rock Creek", club friendly trails, and free on site camping combine to make Rausch Creek a unique 4x4 destination. We are not open to quads or bikes. For information about quad/bike riding, go to rauschcreekracing.com. The minimum group size is 2 vehicles.

Open Year Round:
-April - November, open Fri-Sat-Sun
-Dec-Mar Open Saturday and Sunday
-Weekdays open by reservation.
-All camping is by reservation.

OFFICE HOURS:
-Fri-Sat, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (*wheel til dusk)
-Sunday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (*park closes at 5 p.m.)
-WINTER: Dec-March open Sat-Sun 8 to 5

Also, I believe ORV = offroad recreational vehicle

Rausch Creek Off Road Park

Membership Rausch Creek Off Road Park is a membership-based facility. There are no pre-requisites or waiting lists. All drivers and passengers must sign a membership application & liability waiver. Drivers and passengers age 16 and up are required to become members of the park which costs $15 per year and is good for one year from the date you join. Membership cards are given out when you join.

Children age 15 and younger are free, however, we require a parental waiver. All members under the age of 18 also require a parental waiver.

The daily entrance fee is $35.00 for the vehicle and driver. Passengers age 16 and up are $7.00 each (When a passenger joins the park, the $7.00 fee is waived that day). We offer free primitive camping for our members.
To speed up your registration and sign-in, please download the documents, fill them out, and bring them with you when you visit our facility. You'll get to go wheeln' sooner! The form requires the following info from BOTH DRIVERS AND PASSENGERS: Name, address, phone number, emergency contact info, driver's license number, vehicle description and license plate. Also, initial (do not check) the four individual waiver paragraphs. We need this information from passengers too.

Thanks guys but the thing is I'm not part of a jeep organization. I don't have two jeeps so I would be able to go to it. Any one no where I might be able to go perhaps out a state but within reasonable range? My dads been to the Kentucky jeep jamboree back in the day.

You dont need to be in an organization to go or even have a second vehicle,but is recommended.Last time I went i visited keystone off road website and spoke to some people on there forum who was going and just met them there.Other than that all I know is private land,not all legal to ride on,but what the state dont know wont hurt them.There may be some places in the NY or NJ area,but I dont know them.

Thanks guys but the thing is I'm not part of a jeep organization. I don't have two jeeps so I would be able to go to it. Any one no where I might be able to go perhaps out a state but within reasonable range? My dads been to the Kentucky jeep jamboree back in the day.

from their webiste:
Visit our forums to find people to wheel with.

So just find one other Jeep to go with.

On a similar note, you really should hook up with a local Jeep club. It makes the whole experience better, plus it's alot nicer to have someone there when you get stuck.

I from Coalport Pa in Clearfield county I do not recommend just going out their and just going wheeling but if you can hook up with some one in that area it a great place Reading ridge boys are a great group and they are always up for a trail ride their are no trail open during hunting season I'm setting up a 4x4 camp and well be ready for week end renters in april the camp is in a gated area and their are miles off road trails the trailer is nice and has everything you have at home including a swiming pool its on one of the man made lakes known for its bass fishing I rent it to quad riders as well ..

Last edited:
Back