Maryland, DC, No. VA.

Man is there anywhere left up in that area that is undeveloped? lol I am sure somwhere ther has to be a palce to play up there. good Luck Tug[addsig]

can't find anywhere, that's the problem! Found out last week that the place where my buddy and I had been going is actually an (unmarked) state park! Luckily we didnt find out the hard way![addsig]

Howdy fellas...I live in MD. There are many good places up where I live in MD... I'f you guys ever wanna go wheelin around in northeastern MD lemme know and we'll hook up :-D [addsig]

Ant there lays your answer! Go north or come south away from the crowed captial area. Good luck in finding happy ridding grounds. Tug[addsig]

Hey, we hit the trails pretty often in the Madison, Harrisonburg and Winchester areas pretty often... Alot of the places we go are close to or even within the boundaries of state and/or national forests but we stay on the open trails and have never had a problem.

Even get down to the area around Oak Ridge (Camp Jeep area, below Charlottesville) on occassion.

Mind ya, the group I usually run with doesn't do anything TOO extreme, as most of us don't have the funds that it takes for that sorta stuff, but we do have a lot of fun running the trails and playing in the mud and stuff.

We've gone north and south to a lot of different areas too, both in and out of the state so we're pretty open to locations as time permits.

Any time any body wants to go, or wants someone else to go with them, let me know. I'll pass the word to others that I know and maybe we can all get together somewhere for a weekend of meet/greet/ride.

Later ya'll

Chris[addsig]

Hey Grey you ever do any wheeling in the HamptonRoads area? If so let me know when or at least where you go, I am having serious withdrawls cause I can't find any trails nearby. [addsig]

Hi there,

I'm lower Md and we have a bunch of country areas with dirt or forest trails that are just there and not marked. Everyone goes on them. Sorry bout the city dude, that would be so hard to deal with having a jeep and not being able to find places to ride. We also can buy state park passes and ride on the beach here, 18 miles of it.

Yeah, I would be interested in getting out too. If it's near and legal I would risk it with my out of date MI tags on my 79 CJ. I'm out near Leesburg in Ashburn. 5 more months and she'll be legal to tag in VA!!

Okay, so we're trying to plan a trail run in September if ya'll are interested let me know. We're open to going just about anywhere fairly close.

I don't know about any trails up in the Winchester area (well change that, I know there are some up there but don't know how to get to them), so we're looking at the Harrisonburg and Madison County areas.

We're headed out this weekend towards Harrisonburg and if anyone can make it great! We're meeting some folks in the Food Lion/Roses parking lot on Route 250 in Charlottesville, Va at 0830 Saturday morning. Headed out after that.

If ya can't make it this time, no problem... just let me know which weekend in September would be best for everyone.

See ya,

Chris

Potomic Mills Mall is Fun after a good Ice storm. all you need is a automobile with an hand emergency break WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!! and you do have all the national parks there because of the Civil war battles right??

I used to live in NOVA myself and my buddy Terry (webmaster of Jeepz.net) and I went to the Jefferson National Forest out I-66 several times. Not sure exactly, its about 1 hour past centreville going away from DC. Lookup the forest online and it may have some info there.

I just came across this. Check out the Truck & Jeep cruise. this place has some awesome Halloween-type attractions for adults to little kids. Might be worth the ride! I went up there nearly 10 years ago with some friends and did the fright stuff. It was pretty cool then, and it looks like the place has grown alot!

http://www.jasonswoods.com/

Hey... for the MD & DE people, i know places in NJ that are about 2-3 hours from you if you're interested.. lots of roads in the south NJ pines....

I emailed "Jason's Woods" asking them if the Truck & Jeep "cruise" was a trail ride or a cruise like the classic car shows. This was their reply:

"No, just a come and park and hang out type of cruise. It's going to be a
blast! Hope to see you here!"

Sounds like it might be cool, but I'm lookin to ride not cruise.

I'm reviving this thread from the dead lol. Heh, seriously though, I'm a new Jeep owner, and eager to go mudding with my new toy. I wish I found out how fun it is earlier. At any rate, where I live, Shepherdstown WV, there is not much places to go. Everywhere is being developed. The big metro-monster is moving in :(.
If you all ever go to some gentle trails, nothing too extreme as I am still a 4x4 virgin and can not afford to ruin my Jeep, then give me a holler. :D

Body mount nuts stripped out.

A good place to start would be some of the state owned forest trails like Greenridge State Forest in Allegheny County, MD. Nothing hardcore, but some good hills, mild rocks, and some nice mudholes. You can make it through with a stock Jeep and not worry about damage. Any legally licenced 4WD can go there, just obey the rules and watch for the dirt bikes. If you're interested I'll post links to websites, but I'm tired and headed to bed. let me know.

When you're ready for more, hit some of the offroad parks... Paragon, Rausch Creek, etc. Long drive but if you make a weekend of it and camp or hotel it's a blast and worth the trip. My club runs them both monthly.

Back