Trans American Trail 4x4 June? 2022

Bauerman

Very early stages of a planned trip of Sam C's Original TAT starting in WV and ending at the border of Wisc. Following the red TAT route on the map below. Will edit route to see more of America's Natural beauties. Grand Canyon, Badlands, Moab, that are close enough.

Screenshot 2021-09-05 102857.png
3 Weeks? Need to get a hold of Sam's maps/charts and gps tracks to determine the exact route we will take and how long we will need, along with sleeping accommodations.
5-6 days camping/1-2 days Motels Week (chance to take a hot shower, maybe laundry)
Can meet anywhere along the trial. Of course you can join us or leave us at anytime.
Or be a host close enough to the trail for replenishing the mind and water etc.

Other ideas
Film documentary
Clean up not only after ourselves, but organize a clean a trail program along the way.
Organize a drive a mile marathon to donate to conservationism
other to come below

If anyone is interested in helping with planning the trip, please contact me anytime. Even if you know of a waypoint that would be worthwhile to add to our itinerary. Repost on any other forum or facebook (which I have never had an account with).

The wife and I will be leaving from the metro Detroit area in our 17 JKU Rubicon Recon. Trailhead looks to be almost a 12 hour ride for us.

Last edited:

Sounds like alot of fun. Post some photos along the way.

Back