Regarding the Site...

Saurian

What is my TJ worth?

Just curious, it's the computer geek in me, but what makes this site go? Such as:

How much space does it take up on it's server?
Where is the server, or is it hosted by company?
If not, who is hosting it?
What are the tech specs on server and connected network...

I just figure with the density of this message board, Jeepz.com must be taking up a small fortune of drive space, and I get into this kind of thing, being a co-webmaster for a local brewery's website, and getting around to starting up a webserver here, once WideOpenWest gets around to getting our static IP set up...

Thankee :)

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Happy T-Day

from what I know about it it is al;l done up with smoke and mirrors! Terry is a wizzard of the big ol electric world and to even ask is like looking behinde the curtian of OZ! hehehe tug

RE: Re: RE: Strange noise when turning

It is run off of a Commodore 64 with a 1581 floppy drive and 300 baud modem. The system takes about 200k of drive space.

I couldn't resist.... :wink:

Sorry for the delay - I didn't see the post

I own DSDhosting.com, so have the inside track hosting...
This site is run on a P4 2.4ghz with a gig of ram. It's using about 15 gigs of bandwidth and about 600megs of disk space per month.

If you've got any hosting question, feel free to post here / pm me.

Terry

RE: I have a problem

Amazing... That's a lot of site, and a very goodly amount of bandwidth... Sounds like a nice server, build it yourself?

Oh no, it's a true raq mount server, hosted in a datacenter in Florida (generators, multiple DDS3 lines, etc).

Are they screwing up the read threads for you? I only put them on certain pages, and I didn't think that it had an impact. Looks like I may have to find another answer.

Back