Question to moderators

Re: RE: Question to moderators

LBR said:
Ya....Terry, this is a class act that other wanna-bes wanna-be like. I've seen a couple others and, they're like, wow, gag me with a spoon. Give the "report a post" button a long, hard look at....I vote against it because of the potential mis-use of it. "Push the button" and try to get someone in trouble syndrome could drive you mods 'naners. Let us police it and PM a mod if it gets too radical would be much more user-friendly for you mods.

I dunno, I see the button as the ultimate "Self Moderation" tool. It's more timely cause we don't get PM'd everytime. And all it does is draw attention to a particular post. The Mod still has to use his best judgement as to whether or not it's an "offense" of any kind.

But I see what you all are saying.

RE: Cool thread

The button might make it too easy to report a post and some might get carried away with it.

RE: Broken rear axle

Ever thought of adding a couple of more MODS to patrol the post? Not saying that I want to mod(but would if needed)...just saying that I was on-line when the original 4 post were put up. I thought then a MOD needed leave the 1 in the "wanted/for sale" and delete the others...thus this conversation would not be happening. I just assumed that a Mod would be along shortly and take care of it.....but on the other side of this story, look at what we have learned from this experiance! :wink:

PS...after much thought...I agree with others that a "BUTTON" would be miss-used..,,MHO

p_report-3.gif

Sparky-Watts said:
We could call it the "Mingez" button! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like that!

I think I'll agree that a tattle tail button may be too much - partially because it could be mis-used, and partly because that means I don't have to change any code.

Now back to doing nothing

RE: Parting out Jeep

terrymason said:
I think I'll agree that a tattle tail button may be too much - partially because it could be mis-used, and partly because that means I don't have to change any code.
I agree, and it gives recognition to a problem that I don't think is that large on this forum. I think we should keep on policing ourselves as is currently done, where somebody can just PM a mod with any concerns, hopefully before things go to far.

Many of the "regulars" here have been called upon to tone down an arguement, lighten up on an insult, remove a picture (ahem :oops: ), etc. In very few cases it has been taken as offensive but even those cases have been long forgotten. This is the best Jeep forum on the web bar none solely because of three things: the members, the mods, and Terry. We don't need no stinkin button :lol:

ya, I don't think a button is neccessary.

Honestly, look at how many problems we have here like this...maybe 2 times a year. It's just so rare and things seem to be going fine as it is that I don't think anything needs to change.

Things like this seem to only happen with new people. Maybe just a pm to them when something like this takes place is all that is necessary. And, anyone can do that.

But if you decide to change it in any way Terry, I support that 100%. In the past i've always thought that this site is as good as it gets...and nothing could possible be changed to make it any better. Then you come along, Terry, and change something...and it makes the site even better, which you wouldn't even think was possible until it happens!!!!!

Back