Using the message board properly

billgin

Hi Terry. I am new to message boards and would like to know how to use it better. Are there instructions/FAQs somewhere on the site? Specific questions: How do you get the little icons into your message? What is ICQ, AIM, YIM, MSNM in the user profile? What's BBCode? How do you use the grey buttons at the bottm (URL, E_Mail, etc.)? Why do some messages have a little "envelope" icon beside them? Sorry to be such a pain in the butt. [addsig]

Hmm - seems I'm not getting anywhere with this post, so I'm gonna reply to it myself. Here goes:

You total jerk! Stop wasting our time with your whining about how to use a message board. If you can't figure out how to use a message board, do you REALLY think you are qualified to own a Jeep?? Go back to driving a minivan like all the other soccer moms.

There. Sure told him, didn't I.[addsig]

If you want to get some responce here may I say use the General Chat as it seem everyone reads it. I for one never seem to get here unless it is the start up or home page notes. That is how I found you this time. I do not know the proper way to do anything but I bumble my way through. If you have a question or comment say or ask. if you want to use a cute little fellow on your page it's down there at the bottom of the page when you post. Just do not cuss and all else seems to be fair game. What kind of jeep do you drive, do you modifie it, do you use it off road or is it a street ride? I hope you feel a bit more wanted and not left out. I have had several threads started that went un answered myself but I just wrote about something nobody cared about! Please come on up to General chat and join us there. But you sure did tell him! Thats a fact, LOL
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
Tug[addsig]

Sorry I never responded, but I usually have a pretty good amount of stuff to get done, and never enough time to do it.

The icq aol things in the program are for you to provide any instant messenger info that you use.

The grey buttons... if you want to add an image to your post click the image button, add a url, click the url button...you get the idea.

Messages with a different color icons next to them mean that you haven't read them yet - there is a legend at the bottom of the screen.

Just go ahead a post away, no one's going to get angry if you make a mistake.[addsig]

Back