Street Jeeps

mingez

RE: bad day at work??

Just a suggestion, but there are several peepz on this site that are into street Jeeps. Not my cup of tea, but I bet we could learn a thing or two from people that might post in that forum. I bet it'd be more active than the "Other Jeeps" forum. :wink:

Just a thought. Cherokee Guy, Junkpile have been talking about them lately, seems like it might work.

Rear Window zippers!

Yeah, you could post your mall-crawler and grocery getter there!!!

No objections here. The term "street Jeeps" might turn off some people, but I would certainly enjoy something like that. Most of us drive our Jeeps on the street too, so I don't see why it's considered such a horrible thing to want to improve performance in that area.

The reason I'm kinda into "street jeeps" is because I have to drive 700 miles to college and a lifted jeep isn't the best thing to do that trip with. Also the bigger tires, washing the mud off, and any trail damage kinda adds up to alot of money. I talk about making alot of power out of my jeep but I don't have the money yet, and by the time i do I'll probalby be out of college and will just lift my jeep or buy a motorcycle. But a fast jeep would be fun to mess with all these stupid imports that street race around here. My goal for power was to beat those annoying hondas and get them to shutup about their cars.

I think that's a good idea Mingez. There's definatly an interrest for that type of thing out there...and I would definatly be interrested in hearing about these "hot rod" jeeps that people are building.

As long as they're not slammed, bagged, and rollin' on 26's, it's all good!

Rough Starts

88Wrangles said:
As long as they're not slammed, bagged, and rollin' on 26's, it's all good!
I second that remark.

I'm all for the street Jeeps thing - we've got 2 CJ-5 street Beepers as well as 1 CJ-5 in the "off-roading only" section... LBR

RE: I know it is personal preference but...

TwistedCopper said:
How 'bout a Jeep performance forum
There's the correct nomenclature, "Jeep performance forum". Or maybe "Speed Jeeps".

Sparky-Watts said:
Just because my Jeeps are actually capable of offroading and get dirty more than once a month don't hate on them. Besides, your lowered YJ is perfect for the street forum.

What is that... a -2" lift?

You might wanna invest in a skid plate or 2, cause the pavement might mess your rig up if you hit a speed bump.
Ahhhh, it finally makes sense, the name "Sparky-Watts" is due to the sparks created when you tailpipe bounces off of the street. Very cool.

:twisted:

RE: yj hardtop

Anyone feel like being the mod? Just shoot me a PM, and I'll talk it over with the other mods, and see what we can do. I have no problem setting up another forum, as long as we can keep "da haterz" out.

yj hardtop

terrymason said:
Anyone feel like being the mod? Just shoot me a PM, and I'll talk it over with the other mods, and see what we can do. I have no problem setting up another forum, as long as we can keep "da haterz" out.

How 'bout it, junk??? I think you'd be perfect.

BTW......ROFL @ Sparky and Mingez!!!!!!

Re: Front Axle

mingez said:
TwistedCopper said:
There's the correct nomenclature, "Jeep performance forum". Or maybe "Speed Jeeps".

Sparky-Watts said:
Just because my Jeeps are actually capable of offroading and get dirty more than once a month don't hate on them. Besides, your lowered YJ is perfect for the street forum.

You might wanna invest in a skid plate or 2, cause the pavement might mess your rig up if you hit a speed bump.
Ahhhh, it finally makes sense, the name "Sparky-Watts" is due to the sparks created when you tailpipe bounces off of the street. Very cool.

Oh, yeah?!? Well.....you.....ummm....you.....you MINGEZ!!!! :cry:

one piece axle instructions

hey, on the bright side... at least there'd be a forum i know i shouldn't bother reading!! haha...

RE: 6 cyl bbd carb stalling when stopping

Sparky-Watts said:
mingez said:
TwistedCopper said:

Sparky-Watts said:

Oh, yeah?!? Well.....you.....ummm....you.....you MINGEZ!!!! :cry:

LOL Just kiddin'.

As for the Mod... I had the same idea Mud did when Terry asked about Mods... Junkpile seems the logical candidate there.

RE: Strength of an upgraded D35 vs. an 8.8" rearend?

Yeah, I think the Junk would be an excellent choice! Anyone but that Jessica Alba stealin', mall-crawlin', surrey-drivin'' Mingez......

Sparky-Watts said:
Junkpile said:
I'd be happy to help the website any way I can.

How 'bout banning Mingez? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

No way!! You'd miss my badgering of you too much Sparky. Besides, you need someone to make that new Sig pic for you when you get sick of that one! :lol: :lol:

Besides, it takes atleast 3 mods at anyone timet to keep you in line. :wink:

I got hit..... and he ran!

prariepunk said:
mingez said:
Besides, you need someone to make that new Sig pic for you when you get sick of that one!
You do sig's mingez?

Yes, and all kidding aside, he's really quite good at it. He made mine for me a while back! Guess he did it out of gratitude for the Surrey I bought him back around Christmas. 8)

Back