Where's the PM section?

on your main screen you will see the Jeepz.com title bar then a second bar looking like this

<left side>
Jeepz.com > Miscellaneous. > Forum related > Where's the PM section?
Reply to Thread

<right side>
Welcome, Utah_jeepster.
You last visited: Yesterday at 09:06 PM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.

that is where it tell you if you have any private messages.
Also you can access this information as well in the user CP section.
Just click it and on the left side you will find a private message sub section where you can see clickable links to see your listed private messages,track and edits.
I hope this helps you.

I have the part at the right of my screen that says "Welcome, ......... You last visited at .......... but it says nothing about private messages. Looked in the user CP and there's nothing for pm's in there either.

You have to enable private messaging under your options, then it will show up.

Craig said:
Am I going blind or is there nowhere that shows if you have a pm?

Let me know if you don't find it. The whole notification thing with this new board is much nicer. I get emailed with responses to my posts, includign the posts themselves. I'm so happy i can't stand it.

Thanks. Found it. It was working before with the old board but with the new board I had to go into "edit options" and enable it in there.

Craig said:
Thanks. Found it. It was working before with the old board but with the new board I had to go into "edit options" and enable it in there.

Yeah, it's something like loading a new Windows OS.........gotta re-learn it for a little while!

Still running '98 and dreading loading XP,
mud

I've turned on pm's for all users, and enabled the "send me an email when I get a PM" feature

Back