"New Posts" for multi-users

LBR

Terry - right now this software lets a person check the forums by choosing "New Posts" and displaying the most recent ones since the last time they read them. Can this software allow multi-users in a household to log in and display the new posts since the last time that that particular person logged in?
For example, if one person reads the posts in the morning, then a second person checks the posts out that night, when the second person clicks "New Posts" they only get the new posts from that morning and not all the posts since they last read them. This is probably the question that will be unobtainable, but may be something to strive for if enough members deem it worthy. Naturally a second account from the same household will remedy this, but was just wondering. LBR

stupid thought.. do you all log in to the pc as a different user? this would probably fix that issue since cookies are stored per user.

We log in as the same user. If the cookies govern my requested issue, then definately a second log-in handle should remedy it (or would it have to be a second user on the PC?). Where the heck is the Geek Squad...LOL. LBR

LBR said:
We log in as the same user. If the cookies govern my requested issue, then definately a second log-in handle should remedy it (or would it have to be a second user on the PC?). Where the heck is the Geek Squad...LOL. LBR
2nd user on Jeepz, each logging off Jeepz (with different Jeepz usernames) before exiting.

Last edited:

The site remembers your visits and the new posts result in post that happened since you last logged in. I know this because I have 2 computers now.

I guess logging off wouldn't be important becuase it will happen automatically when the other user logs in???

TwistedCopper said:
2nd user on Jeepz, each logging off Jeepz (with different Jeepz usernames) before exiting.

That's the way mudwoman and I do it.......we're both members! :purple:

I don't seem to have those problems, but I really don't use the "new posts" anyway........I tend to read everything.

my 2 geek cents
mud

I would think multiple jeepz.com usernames and logging out after each session would solve this. Just don't click on 'remember me' when loggin in.

TC & Bounty - that was my thoughts and the most straight-forward way of taking care of the issue as well - 2 users, log out after each use and who ever logs in next time can ask for "new Posts" and get them from their last visit. K.I.S.S. eh? Thanx guys. LBR

The best way to do this is just to have a second user. It's so much better in the long run. Just go to (assuming you're using windows XP) start, settings, control panel, users and hit "add" for a new user. This way, you can have your instant messangers log in, your email automatically start up, all your websites remember you, different desktop backgrounds, a whole ton of stuff. Also, set your screen saver to "password protect" - this will really just put you back to the login screen if someone walks away from the computer - making it easier if you forget to logout.

Also, this site uses a cookie to remember you. It's keyed to your windows user id (you are both using the same one).

TerryMason said:
The best way to do this is just to have a second user. It's so much better in the long run. Just go to (assuming you're using windows XP) start, settings, control panel, users and hit "add" for a new user. This way, you can have your instant messangers log in, your email automatically start up, all your websites remember you, different desktop backgrounds, a whole ton of stuff. Also, set your screen saver to "password protect" - this will really just put you back to the login screen if someone walks away from the computer - making it easier if you forget to logout.

Also, this site uses a cookie to remember you. It's keyed to your windows user id (you are both using the same one).

Isn't that all irrelevant if they only have one Jeepz username?

I can log on in at one location, then later at another (different PC's) and the "new posts" at the second location will begin from when I logged out at the first location.

Back