sign in

90Xjay

Why can't Zeepz remember my computer when I sign back in?
My other sights like Ebay do. I click the box to remember me, but it won't?

i use netscape and there is an option for that. I use it because the website wouldn't remember me either.

Utah_jeepster said:
check your cookies setting. You might have it set not to accept cookies thus set to remember your log in.

Utah, I would go down that road, but I have other sites that I mentioned before that DO remember me. I use Firefox now, but I think it was the same for IE also.

I use Netscape, and have never had to sign in after the first time waaaay back when. When I had IE, some sites it would remember, some it wouldn't. I finally figured out that on certain sites, you had to actually tell the stupid thing to enable cookies from that site, while others it did automatically. I hate IE with a passion......

Well, I not switching browsers just for a little inconvience like that.
I can certianly live with that. I just thought I was doing something wrong.

If that was the problem, why can I stay logged into several other sites but not Jeepz?

I'll check them out though and make sure

90, I don't know if this is related, but I find that when I go to the front page (in other words, not the message board itself) it appears as if I'm not logged on.

At the top there is a field for me to enter my name and password to log on. Also, the "Users online" window, doesn't indicate I am on Jeepz.

However, when I then go to the messageboard I am logged in. It says, "welcome mingez" etc.

Check to see if this is the problem. I think the front page isn't recongnizing users when they return to the site. I noticed this occuring like 3 weeks ago or so.

mingez said:
90, I don't know if this is related, but I find that when I go to the front page (in other words, not the message board itself) it appears as if I'm not logged on.

At the top there is a field for me to enter my name and password to log on. Also, the "Users online" window, doesn't indicate I am on Jeepz.

However, when I then go to the messageboard I am logged in. It says, "welcome mingez" etc.

Check to see if this is the problem. I think the front page isn't recongnizing users when they return to the site. I noticed this occuring like 3 weeks ago or so.

Wow....it's like the front page has alzheimers or something.....:(

I use Firefox and had that problem. For some reason I don't have issues with that anymore.

First of all, I saved the forum page as my bookmark, not the homepage.

Second of all, there is more than one spot to sign in. If I sign in on the homepage it doesn't remember me the next day. If I click the link to sign in it does.

I dunno, it's all heap big computer hocus pocus to me anyhow.

You can always use Roboform. It rocks, but it costs like 20 bucks. It does a lot more than remember passwords and auto logons, but I use it for that as well.

TwistedCopper said:
I use Firefox and had that problem. For some reason I don't have issues with that anymore.

First of all, I saved the forum page as my bookmark, not the homepage.

Second of all, there is more than one spot to sign in. If I sign in on the homepage it doesn't remember me the next day. If I click the link to sign in it does.

I dunno, it's all heap big computer hocus pocus to me anyhow.

no doubt. PC's aren't a rock-stable platform anyway. It's like the hardware recognition hardware/software. Sometimes it recognizes an inserted card, usb, blah blah blah. And sometimes a PC just feels like not paying attention.

Stupid computers.

mingez said:

Stupid computers.

That says it all......

You know someone told me that at least when you buy a toaster it works right out of the box, whereas a computer has to have about a hour of loading crap onto it and setting up to work...maybe..:?

I took care of the problem I was having.
I now use IE only to log into Jeepz, I even made it my home page. Now when I open IE, It goes right to Jeepz and I am signed in ready to go.

Any other sites, I just use Firefox for.

mingez said:

It does the same for me too. It confused the hell out of me the first few times...cause I would keep logging in like a million times and not get anywhere. But now when I go directly to the message board, it always remembers me.

I use firefox as well and never have any problems with sites remembering me.

Back