Announcing the Jeepz.com iPhone Application

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
Please note that this app is no longer supported, and will be discontinued. You can get the new, free app here

-------------------

Jeepz.com now has an Iphone application that allows you to view threads, reply and create new posts, even send and receive personal messages, all using a service called Tapatalk.

You can read more at the Tapatalk website, and purchase the app for $2.99 in the app store (link launches iTunes)

**Update - there is now a free read only version here - Tapatalk - Forum App on the iPhone, Android, Nokia, and BlackBerry for vBulletin, phpBB, IPBoard, and SMF. Android is also supported.

Attachments

• screenshots-4.jpg
    screenshots-4.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,109
  • screenshots-6.jpg
    screenshots-6.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 285
  • screenshots-3.jpg
    screenshots-3.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 316
  • screenshots-1.jpg
    screenshots-1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:

For the first 10 people to try this out, I'll send you $3 via paypal to reimburse you. Just PM me with your paypal address, as well as your thoughts and opinions.

I'd really like to get some feedback, but alas - I don't have an iPod myself.

Hey Cool!!! i've been using the web browser on my iphone when i'm in a remote location to log on to Jeepz.com.. Would this be more functional?

It should be pretty slick, but I don't have an iPhone to test. I'd be happy to pay you back if you give it a try.

It's supposed to give a cleaner iPhone compatible interface to read and post here

Is this a general app for forums? I thought it was customized to jeepz.com

You're right, it's just a general app for forums that includes Jeepz.com

I looked into our own Jeepz.com app, but from what I gather it takes several months and a good chunk of change to get an app listed. Most of the Ipod users I talked to didn't seem to think that they needed an app to view the forum.

When I tested it I liked it better than just surfing through the browser.

cbanks, pm me your paypal address and I'll pay you back for downloading it.

I just downloaded it for my iPhone and I must say that I like it better than using the browser. No more zooming or rotating phone. It's more "iPhonie". That is my initial impresion so we'll see how I like it over time.

On thursday I just upgraded to the new version that supports android. Also, I see that they have a free read only version.

I don't have an iphone, but when I tried it on a buddy's it looked pretty slick.

Let me know what you think after using it for a while.

After a few weeks of using this app, I really like it. Anytime I have some free time to browse, I always go to Jeepz to check out any unread posts. I like that it organizes all the unread posts together like in the first image. If you'd rather browse all the forums you can do that too as seen in the second image. It is easy to read the threads and to post replies also.

Attachments

• IMG_0122[1].PNG
    IMG_0122[1].PNG
    71 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_0121[1].PNG
    IMG_0121[1].PNG
    46.5 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_0123[1].PNG
    IMG_0123[1].PNG
    69.3 KB · Views: 441
  • IMG_0124[1].PNG
    IMG_0124[1].PNG
    26.1 KB · Views: 354

Wow that looks cool. I haven't tried it yet and i have to get permission from my wife first cause the itunes account is under her name.:evil::cry:

I've upgraded to the latest version of tapatalk. If you notice any problems just update your app version.

you know whats funny, i found this site on tapatalk. i have it on my cliq and was searching for jeep sites and this one was one of the first to pop up. i love tapatalk but the new version doesn't let you post on the free edition like the old trial version did.

Back