New version of Jeepz.com coming

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
I've been working on a new version of Jeepz.com behind the scenes for some time and am at a point where I can offer everyone a sneak peek:

http://beta.jeepz.com

username
jeep

password
offroad!

Why are you doing this? The software that Jeepz.com runs on (vbulletin 3) has been out of production since 2009, and I've been getting daily errors with the site. It's time to upgrade to vbulletin 4. In addition to getting support for any problems we have, I should be able to add new features in the future.

When will the change happen? I want to test throughly, so I'm looking to the beginning of May.

I'd love to get some input on the new site - let me know if there is something you don't like, if the navigation is confusing, or if there's anything you'd like to see.

Please don't post any real threads on the beta site, as they will get deleted.

cool, looks like the old one lol but thats good, keep up the good work terry

Thanks, that's what I'm going for - behind the scenes changes that aren't easily noticeable.

One of the bigger changes should be the ability to signin or register using your facebook account (assuming I can get it working).

went through it Terry and it looks good, let me know if there is any thing we can do to help.

I'm playing in there now. Looks okay, but don't lose the "new posts since last visit" button

Are you still trialing this? I just attempted and could not get a response using ie9 and a roadrunner cable internet connection.

The plan is still to upgrade the forum, it's just taking a bit longer than I originally thought it would.

Sherry - I'll post a link to the new beta site in a few (I'm moving to a new server).

I've moved the beta site to our new dedicated server, and plan on upgrading everything this weekend. I'll post more information before the actual move.

You can still test the beta here:

http://beta.jeepz.com

username
jeep

password
offroad!

Yep, we were upgraded a couple of weeks ago. I think I've finally gotten all of the bugs worked out. If you have any feedback just let me know

Back