Facebook Connect - Login to Jeepz.com with your Facebook credentials.

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
I've added a new feature to Jeepz.com - Facebook Connect.

New members - sign up for a Jeepz.com account by clicking on the "f Connect" icon at the top of the screen. You don't have to fill out any lengthy forms, a small subset of your data will be pulled from facebook.

Existing members - you can link your facebook account to Jeepz.com by clicking the same "f Connect" button. This will allow you to login to Jeepz.com by either putting in your familiar Jeepz info, or by just clicking on the facebook connect icon.

Let me know what everyone things.

If I try to login to Jeepz just using fconnect I get an error. "Registration denied, this forum runs an active policy of not allowing spammers. Please contact us via the "Contact Us" page link if you believe this is in error".

I was able to successfully link my current login to facebook but I'm not able to log in only using my facebook credentials.

If I try to login to Jeepz just using fconnect I get an error. "Registration denied, this forum runs an active policy of not allowing spammers. Please contact us via the "Contact Us" page link if you believe this is in error".

I was able to successfully link my current login to facebook but I'm not able to log in only using my facebook credentials.

We use a service called stop forum spam (stopforumspam.com), and it looks like the IP you're using got black listed in the past (this isn't uncommon, since your ip changes all the time). I've gone ahead and whitelisted your username, so you should be able to login using facebook credentials now.

If anyone else gets the same error let me know and I'll investigate.

Last edited:
I've disabled the spammer check by IP. It was catching a couple of innocent people a day, and preventing them from registering.

I accidentally clicked on Facebook Connect before I logged into my existing account. This created a new profile, rather than linking to my existing profile. Now, when I try to connect FB to my existing profile, it says it's already connected to a profile. Is there any way to remove that other profile so I can do this?

I accidentally clicked on Facebook Connect before I logged into my existing account. This created a new profile, rather than linking to my existing profile. Now, when I try to connect FB to my existing profile, it says it's already connected to a profile. Is there any way to remove that other profile so I can do this?

Send me a PM with your facebook email address and I'll delete the newer account. Then you can decide to either link your facebook to the original account or leave them unlinked.

UPDATE:
I've found and deleted your newer accidental account. You should now be able to login to your original account, and once logged in link it to facebook (or not if you choose).

Back