Upgraded forum software

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
I've upgraded the forum software here at Jeepz.com, and I've got some more upgrades on the way.

As usual, let me know if something looks wrong or is missing.

Not a fan of how the threads now appear when I hit 'whats new'.

It's a new "feature" of the software called the activity stream, and it does seem a bit different than what we had.

So if you click on the "What's New?" link you are taken to the activity stream. There is a second smaller navigation bar under the main one with these on it - Activity stream, new posts, new group messages, and unanswered threads (I just added this one).

Are you looking for the "new posts" link? If that make more sense then I could make it the default when we click on the words "what's new".

I think you're right Bounty. I've changed it so that when you click on the "what's new" link you're taken to any new posts.

You still get a drop down where you can choose the activity stream, but it's not the default any more.

How about displaying members jeep info in the mobile app. Not seeing is worse than the member not posting it.

How about displaying members jeep info in the mobile app. Not seeing is worse than the member not posting it.

Unfortunately I have no control over the mobile app. It's made by the same guys that make the forum software, and we pay a yearly fee to use it. I don't have the ability to add or change anything.

Having said that, I've been working on the new "Rubicon Responsive" theme for Jeepz.com. Using this theme you'll be able to see things like Jeep information, private groups, etc on your mobile device - all things that are missing from the app. I plan on going live with this in about a week.

You can read more here:
http://www.jeepz.com/forum/forum-related/42899-new-jeepz-com-coming-soon.html

I am having trouble with the navigation menu in the top left corner when using the Rubicon Responsive. When I try to click on any of the options in a drop down menu, it just closes the drop down menu back to the primary list of options. Understand what I am trying to say? I am using iOS 7.0.3 on the iPhone 5s.

Attachments

• image-4089531130.jpg
    image-4089531130.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 101
I am having trouble with the navigation menu in the top left corner when using the Rubicon Responsive. When I try to click on any of the options in a drop down menu, it just closes the drop down menu back to the primary list of options. Understand what I am trying to say? I am using iOS 7.0.3 on the iPhone 5s.

wanted to let you know I'm working on this. I haven't reproduced it on my ipad, but I'll borrow an iPhone and test.

were you in portrait or landscape? Does it make a difference?

Back