A new Jeepz.com is coming soon!

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
devices.png

I've been working behind the scenes on a new version of Jeepz.com - this one is designed to look good on not only your computer, but also your tablet or smart phone.

Why the change?
It turns out that about 1/4 of our visitors are accessing Jeepz.com from a mobile device (think iPhone / iPad / Android), and that number is growing every month. It's also apparent that our existing site looks pretty bad on one of those devices (lots of horizontal scrolling). It's true that we do have two different mobile apps that let users access Jeepz.com, but not everyone uses those. My hope is to make a great looking site that displays correctly on all devices, reguardless of the screen size.

OK, so how do I check it out?
Just go here:
http://www.jeepz.com/forum/?styleid=15
and you'll be able to take the new design for a test drive. You can switch back and forth between the new design (Rubicon Responsive), and the old design (Trail Leader) by going to the drop down near the bottom of the page.

But I hate change!
Don't worry. There are no plans to get rid of either of our two mobile apps, or the existing design of the site (Trail Leader). This is just another way for people to view Jeepz.com.

So when is all this going down?
In about a month I'll make the new Rubicon Responsive the default for the forum. Everyone will then use the new design - if it's not to your taste then you'll be able to revert back to the old design.

Feedback
So, if you're feeling adventurous then give the new theme a try, and let me know what you think. I really want to get everyone's opinion, and try to make this a positive change for Jeepz.com.

I tried it on my iphone 4s and it looks nice and I was able to get logged in no problem but when I tried to click on any of the forums I got no response. I am unable to open any of the forums.

I tried it on my iphone 4s and it looks nice and I was able to get logged in no problem but when I tried to click on any of the forums I got no response. I am unable to open any of the forums.

I think I've finally fixed this. Thanks for reporting it.

Back