Upgrading Jeepz.com

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
Jeepz.com has been getting hammered pretty hard lately by spammers and hackers. I've spent some coin, and am in the process of upgrading some of the backend software. I'll post here when I'm done

Spammers have been very busy this week at several forums I check out. The "IGNORE" function works great to clear the repeated meaningless posts for non-admin members. Makes your job challenging when they post those meaningless posts. Thank you!

The underlying software that created our links has been changed. the previous one was from 2013, and was being hammered - the new one seems to be doing much better. Hopefully things will be a bit snappier now

I've also renamed the old "CY YJ TJ and JK" forum to "Wrangler and CJ"
Do you guys think I should drop the CJ, and just have it be the Wrangler forum? I'm speaking specifically about this forum - https://www.jeepz.com/forum/wrangler-and-cj/

I've also renamed the old "CY YJ TJ and JK" forum to "Wrangler and CJ"
Do you guys think I should drop the CJ, and just have it be the Wrangler forum? I'm speaking specifically about this forum - https://www.jeepz.com/forum/wrangler-and-cj/
IMO coupling the CJ with the Wranglers could make things a bit messy as they are very different jeeps. I'm a JK owner and newbie on this forum who admire the CJs unique strengths, problems and fixes but those topics would not apply to my JK. Not an easy decision but thanks for doing a great job.

Our main "wrangler" section was "CJ and YJ" back in the day. Then I added the TJ, then the JK, until the name of that section of the forum was:
CJ, YJ, TJ, and JK.
I had thought to include the JL in that long list, but at the same time, I think saying "Wrangler" is a bit more welcoming to new Jeepers.

As to the CJ, it's always been mixed in there, and I don't think we can separate it now - I was just wondering if I should loose the "CJ" from the title, and just call it "Wranglers". That may be confusing though - as we still have plenty of CJ owners around here.

As long as it works, you could call it whatever you want. Just don't call me Johnson. If you wsnt to be technical YJ was the first line called Wrangler.
People will catch on if not “read me”

app hasn't come back yet.

As long as it works, you could call it whatever you want. Just don't call me Johnson. If you wsnt to be technical YJ was the first line called Wrangler.
People will catch on if not “read me”

app hasn't come back yet.

Thanks for the upgrades, Terry. I like "Wrangler and CJ". That way there is no confusion when someone new comes in.

Our main "wrangler" section was "CJ and YJ" back in the day. Then I added the TJ, then the JK, until the name of that section of the forum was:
CJ, YJ, TJ, and JK.
I had thought to include the JL in that long list, but at the same time, I think saying "Wrangler" is a bit more welcoming to new Jeepers.

As to the CJ, it's always been mixed in there, and I don't think we can separate it now - I was just wondering if I should loose the "CJ" from the title, and just call it "Wranglers". That may be confusing though - as we still have plenty of CJ owners around here.

I would like to see CJ kept. I have both a CJ and JKU and find it easier to wade through the discussions when their separate.

Sent from my iPad using Jeepz.com mobile app

Back