Why do I have to Log In 'Almost' every time?

southtj

Even though I click the box that says 'Log me on automatically each visit:' I still have to log in on a regular basis.

Yes the cookies are enabled. And I don't have to log in every time but more often than not when I come back, I have to log in.

I'm getting a little upset about this now.

If your computer is shared someone may be removing your cookies, also depending on your browser you can set your security preferences so that cookies are saved for a limited amount of time

Nope, not shared and all the other cookies stay for a long time.

Still at a loss. I can check the boards twice in the morning and don't have to log in, then come back two hours later and have to then.

I don't get it.

What online service are you running ? Try using you computers native IE software as a test and let me know what happens. Thanks

Rob 8) :p :)

Me too. Verizon DSL, Win XP pro, IE, just me, cookies enabled.

I am getting REALLY tired of logging in so often.

banghead-3.gif

I've had this problem before when logging in through the main site page.

What page are you logging in from? Clear all the cookies, go into the message board index page, then try logging in there (be sure to click remember me).

This works for me :mrgreen:
-Nick :!:

Hey Nick, I think that may have done it. The first time I logged in as a new member was here on the boards page. I went and deleted the Jeepz cookies (two of them) and then when to the main page and logged in there clicking 'remember me'. This APPEARS to have done the trick as I have closed IE 3 times now and come back using my 'favorites' link and not had to log back in yet.

This appears to be the opposite of what you did, but it is working now. Maybe the first time we logged in we didn't click the 'remember me' box and the cookies were set to that and the next time we logged in and did click the box it does not update the cookies. Maybe.

I'll let you know if it continues to work.

bounce-1.gif

Day two and still working. That did the trick. Just delete the two cookies and login again. And be sure you click the 'remember me' box the first time you login after deleting the cookies.

If you've got windows, go to the folder: My Computer/C drive/Windows/Cookies. In other words click on 'My Computer' on your desktop then click on "C drive" then open the 'windows' folder then look for the folder named 'cookies'. In the cookie folder, if you haven't cleaned them out lately, you will probably find many many files. You are safe deleting all of them if you want or just look for the two that say Jeepz.

Or, depending on the version of Windows you have and if you are using Internet Explorer you can go to 'Tools' then 'Internet Options' then click 'Delete Cookies'.

That should do it. Let me know if you need any other help with that.

Back