Beware of fraud!!!!

laneiac

FYI, I purchased a spare replacement bulb from the KC web site, and the next day a charge of $713 showed up on my account. Apparently they do not use a secure server, so if your thinking of buying KC products, dont do so from their web site!!!!

Wow, that's surprising.

I just went there and tried it out (www.kchilites.com) and added an item to my basket and went to the checkout. It shows that it is a secure server. Bottom right of the sreen shows the 'locked' icon. Click on it and it gives detailed info on the encryption.

Maybe they had someone hack or steal the info from the inside.

Could be coincidence. When my info got stolen I didn't find out for over a year. By then "I" had racked up thousands on unpaid cell phone accounts. What a mess.

Same here. Last year, during the Jeepz TN outting I was checking my account at Tug's place when my online bank statement said I was missing a rather large amount of money :shock: That just threw the rest of the week off (which sucked). I quickly learned after that to look up at the address bar. If it doesn't say "https:" I don't put jack on the screen.

damn thats bad news..could just be a foul up in the code..my friend got a 100 dollar pair of boots for 10 dollars because they forgot to add a zero..mayhap its sorta the same thing. BUt yeah..keep us posted i was thinking about snagging 4 day lighters for my soon to come roof rack..but might have to hold off for now or just buy through another company..sucks though.

a friend of mine just had 1600 stolen via paypal

It may have just been someone who some how hacked in, but it sucks none the less. My bank credited the money back to me, and I have to sign a bunch of afidavids of fraud and such. I am going to talk to KC and see if they have a truly secure server, or find out if I just have bad luck. Never thought it would happen to me...

but tug, does that make you a hypocrite when you stole my heart

bla, gay

Man, it is so bad, that I get spoof emails from Paypal, banks, and eBay at least 3 times a week. I never click on them and I always report them to eBay , Paypal, and whatever company is sending me the fake email. So sad.-al

I was getting those also and it was a messed. Been hacked and been spied here. Until I got me this anti-spyware software that helped me in removing all of those hackers and all of those spywares on my PC. You can also d/l them for free at CNET.com and it will give you some peace of mind. Try d/l the spybot search, spyware blasters and some anti-spyware programs. You will notice the difference once you run them on your program.

Cheers

Back