'05 Grand Cherokee

TwistedCU

They added a :D Hemi and... :evil: stinkin' IFS!!!
2005_gc_tcc-3.jpg

YJ shackles

That skid plate is just another Hummer-fied looking piece of equipment. The apocalypse is upon us.

too bad they don't put a Hemi in a Wrangler!!! I would be scared to take that thing off road at all, might scratch it. It looks really nice though

88Wrangles said:
too bad they don't put a Hemi in a Wrangler!!! I would be scared to take that thing off road at all, might scratch it. It looks really nice though

I want a Hemi Rubi!!!!

Just another "what's that strange sound" question

I dont like.Turning into the H2.

ahhh the face of trends... you know whats good though, when they wen t to test the new h3's out at the rubicon trail they took a rubicon along to see how it measured up, needless to say the rubicon was busier helping the h3 along than the testers would have liked, it was in jp a month ago or so maybe, i thnk it was jp?

I remember when JP did a thing on the H2 and the rubicon....rubicon won hands down...don't see why it would be any different with the H3. wrangler best stay solid....the grand cherokees drivers are mostly soccer moms anywho...they wouldn't know the difference.

it is terrible... now there will be no long wheelbase solid axle jeeps

it is terrible... now there will be no long wheelbase solid axle jeeps

What is it... the Rescue?? (i forget) that is the big mamajama that is supposed to go into production that is solid axled

the grand cherokees drivers are mostly soccer moms anywho...they wouldn't know the difference.
exsqueeze me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you may want to re-think that one before graewulf comes back :lol:
image-missing.png

It doesn't matter anyway. Very few people build Grands into trail machines especially the new loaded ones. You can build an IFS for trail use...just look at the Baja trucks.

purpleyjgirl said:
the grand cherokees drivers are mostly soccer moms anywho...they wouldn't know the difference.
exsqueeze me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you may want to re-think that one before graewulf comes back :lol:

too late!!!! I'm back!!! lol... hemi? yuck! i'd rather drive a chevy... IFS.. much better than people give it credit for, and you can make IFS do as much as a solid axle if you want to, its just a different animal...

IFS will make modding a 4x4 tough on the average Joe. Have you seen the prices of the IFS lifts :shock: ???
Give me solid axles where I have choices as to how to lift and choices on how much I'm willing to spend doing it.
IFS just ain't budget friendly to an off-roader. Walker Evans' Currie Enterprises Buggy went IFS but had to change back to solid axles 1/2 way through the season due to cost and simplicity issues. If a sponsored team like that can't afford to wheel IFS how the heck can I????? Not good I tell ya. Not good. I just hope DC keeps their word on the Wrangler.

the axle shafts in most independent suspension systems are just not tough enough to handle what a straight axle can... the new cobras are independent all around... i saw a STOCK cobra snap both rear shafts on a launch at the track last year... guaranteed a straight wouldn't have done that

LGR said:
Ithe grand cherokees drivers are mostly soccer moms anywho...they wouldn't know the difference.
HEY NOW! my zj is nice for the commute, but its getting a lift and tires on it soon. followed by everything else as the money comes in. my zj is no soccer mom vehicle or grocery getter.

Even if the soccer moms are driving the grand cherokees, I would rather see more jeeps on the road than more Hondas or toyotas.

Back