If the election where held today....

Superlift TV

Agree. I always read those labels. With a pregnant wife, when I'm grocery shopping... (yes, that makes my YJ a grocery-go-getter) I have to check to make sure that there's low or no sodium in the foods I buy. I did not know that the Ceasar Salad was so crappy, but with all that dressing... I'm not surprised.

And believe me, if there's ever a vote to pay you guys more... I'll be at the polls... and yes, I'm registered.

C

For anyone who loves his or her Jeep and actually uses it, Bush would be the logical choice.

Democrats, in general, have been successful in passing and enforcing legislation that has limited if not completely banned off road access in many areas, and they are not done. A large part of their base is comprised pro-active environmentalists who loath Jeepers, hunters, and anyone who does not think they way they do.

Nader, who tried to get the CJ5 taken off the road because he said it was unsafe, is worst of all. Just look at his record and some of the things he and his “organization” has tried to pull off: banning hand-guns because he said they were a defective, banning the CJ5 because he said it was unsafe; hell, he would ban every choice we might make because he has the attitude “I know what is best for you”.

If you love you Jeep and like to use it for more than an a gussied up, on-road show piece, then there is only one choice.

jps4jeep said:
That doesn't bother you?
Of course it bothers me!
The Youth of this nation is also the future of this nation! Those are the people we should be working to protect! I see a lot of teachers that are making very low wages and are simply not passionate about teaching, and in the end the students suffer. Is this who you want to educate your kids, cause even if it is not the field you chose, if you got kids, your part of it!
Well, no. I'm no part of it and niether are my kids. We can't afford private school for 4 kids and Baltimore City Schools are simply horrible. We do the only logical alternative. My wife is a stay-at-home Mom and she homeschools them. I will absolutely not debate this issue of homeschooling, as I will leave my wife and kids out of these discussions, but I will say that my Son (the only one school age so far), will not be "socially retarded". He is in a homeschool group, and is involved in
Gymnastics, Wrestling, Baseball, Cub Scouts, and alot of other stuff. He is studying well above the level at which he would be in any school. Mt 3 yr old daughter is starting to read, add and subtract.
You get the idea.

Anyhow, yes the school systems are a complete mess. It is so bad that I don't know that it can be turned around and although once dead set against it, privatization may be the key???

If the nations youth have no place to go after school, cause mom and dad, or just mom, or just dad are working, what is to happen to them. They are more likly to end up hooked on drugs, gangs, or some other typs of ill-fated future. And I know this is different for all parts of this nation.
I doubt there is a charpter of the Bloods in the back woods of Idaho but in the urban areas, this is all true, I see it every day. The rural areas have there own issues to deal with.
Every summer The University I work for, donates my time, and I work in the summer programs in Boston. I try to educate the youth about a number of things. Mainly Nutrition and exercise (my field of expertise) but also among other issues.

I retire from this post! no one seems to care about the well being of the people of this fair contry! so.. Lets B*tch about money.

I care my man, but I don't think the answers will be on the election ballot. The answers begin at home. We're doing the best we know how to raise ours, dispite the craziness that surrounds us. I know the homeschool thing won't work for many folks (single parents for example), but they can take the time to tutor their kids at night instead of complaining how the schools produced idiots! They can keep the kids faces away from TV and stick a book under their nose (No I'm not saying don't ever let them watch TV).
SURE! My wife could go put her Degree to use and increase our income substantially, but we chose to make it on one income (Don't let anybody tell you it can't be done!) to give our kids the best we can. There's lots of folks out there who'd rather have new $40K SUV's and send their kids to public schools. Well at least they'll enjoy the ride to school :roll:

When I see a candidate represent himself in a manner in which I can feel empowered and passionate about, then I will vote, but untill then, I will work, pay my taxes, and do my part.

BTW- JPS4JEEP/ Johnny -

I applaud you for making your career choice. I was not trying to put it down, sorry if I came off that way. You must have done so out of a desire to serve your fellow man and that is priceless. From what I read from you I am sure the kids you teach are better for it.

Harry

This thread is sad. REALLY sad. But this is a 4 wheel drive message board after all, the demographics fit quite nicely. It's okay, I still love all y'all.

And yes TC, we shall see when debate time comes. I'm sure we'll chat about that, It'll be like the New England Patriots vs. Emily Griffiths school for the Blind in a 100-0 butt whuppin'. Wide left! Laces out! Noooooooo!

I am tired, been wheelin' but I will respond to the posts that came to fruition today. You know I always do!!

:wink:

Back