Might sell the Jeep, what would be a realistic price to ask?

jwhite1071

Sputtering Problem

Ever since I put a lift on my Jeep a guy I work with has been asking me to sell it to him, after blowing him off for the last 8 months I'm actually considering selling the Jeep for a more "family friendly" vehicle, but i'm not really sure of a realistic price for it, Its a 95 wrangler, 6cyl auto that just turned 69k miles, soft top, half steel doors, bikini top, duster cover, 4" RE susp. lift, 1" body lift, 1" shackles, 33" BF goodrich MT's on 15x8 black rock crawlers, swaybar quick disconnects, Advanced adapters SYE kit with a custom Tom woods c/v drive shaft, the inside of the tub is hurculined, brand new carpet, cd player, has a sound bar, oem limited slip in the rear, the body is clean, theres no rust anywhere, the suspension and tires have 2000 miles on them, the jeep runs 100% What do you guys think is a good price, I'm not even sure if I'm going to do it, but you have to start somewhere.

image-missing.png

if its in as good of shape as you say, i wouldn't settle for any less than $8,000 or so... and you could probably get more since you have quite a few very nice upgrades on it.

I'll second that one mujamam!
To answer his question though a vehical is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
If the guy has been bugging you to sell it for this long it seems as if he'd be willing to give top dollar for it.
My advice would be to start with a high price and let him stew on it
awhile.
You can always come down............
There's no going back up.
Your going to regret selling it later so you better make it worth it.

I sold my 91 YJ a few years ago, granted it wasnt built like yours, but man it hurt to watch thay guy drive it away.Sold mine because I had a kid and didnt really drive it that much. The next day I was kicking myself in the A$$. Waited less than 2 years and my 95YJ found me (now I have 2 kids) . I will never sell this one. Just think about it long and hard before you give her up thats all. I would say 8k is a bit much but why not start there. Good luck.

I agree with beachjeep, 8K might be too much, but it might be a good place to start. Ask the person who wants to buy it how much they are willing to pay, and go from there. -al

don't ask the guy what HE will pay... tell him a price and then let him make a counter offer. if he's as interested as you said, he will be willing to pay a good price. i definitely don't think $8,000 is too much. i was curious so i checked the kelly blue book value, and it was over 6,000. you definitely have 2,000 worth of upgrades on it, plus many nice small touches like the herculined cab. like everybody else has said though... make sure you won't regret it!

Re: I gotta log into every site every time!!! ugghh

If you dont have to sell the jeep but are willing to if the price is right.Tell the guy.I really dont ant to get rid of it, but if you really want it, it's yours for a price.Something like 7k.

7K is much more reasonable for that Jeep. I am sure it is worth much more to you, but in the market, they don't tend to add the upgrades you have made the the car. I'm sure he has spent a lot of money on it, and if he included all he spent on it, the Jeep would be worth something lie $15,000, but in the real market, the Jeep is probably worth $6,500 - $7000 OR maybe the person who want to buy it will be willing to pay much more. If you ask the guy how much he will pay for it, maybe he will say a much better price than what we are expecting! If he tells you a ridiculous amount, then that is when you say that you are thinking more in the range of X amount of dollars.-al

Well, I told the guy I would like to get $8000 and he didn't even flinch, just said Ok and that now is a good time because he's expecting his Tax refund soon which would help him out with the purchase, now I have to seriously make up my mind, This is the 6th Jeep I've owned and I have kicked my self in the @ss after selling 3 of the 6 in the past, the other 3 are another story, but i must say this is the best running, most reliable one I've owned so I will probably miss this one if I do it.

What!? That thing bluebook's for $7500. You should've said $10k and settled $9k. If everything you said is true and in good working condition... then you should not accept $8K. I think you need to hold on to it. You will be sooooo sorry.

C

Back