gun owners

jeep90

this is for any gun owners enthusiasts out there, or anyone who cares :)
I got a Glock recently and finally got a chance to test her out. Its the model 23 40 cal. i put a about 200 rounds through it and no jamming or any problems whatsoever. this gun is trouble free. not too big, not too small...perfect.

just thought that i would share :D

Nice..i'm a big fan of airsoft guns..they look real and are tons of fun AND you can shoot them in the house! :D
I'm looking to get a rifle or a mossberg with the pistol grip. Next gun show i think i might walk away with one.

I am trying to get a gun! I want to joint the local rifle range and get to know the scene first. then eventually do some recreational hunting! I do bow hunt though.

Personally I am not a fan of Glocks at all (Pistol grip is TOO fat to get a good grip on, unless, you unless you have monkey hands.) give me a Sig 357 with interchangable .45 and I will be a happy guy.

cool... you do keep it in a lock box and unloaded though, right? safety first...
I follow the law in regards to carrying firearms, but an unloaded, locked up gun is about as usefule as a handful of rocks.
If you have kids around then by all means take every precaution. Since I don't have any, then my handguns are always chambered and ready to rock. Think about it, if you get surprised in the middle of the night, are you going to have time to grab the magazine and chamber one before the criminal gets the drop on you. Probably not.
Just my .02 cents worth.

BTW. The SPringfield Armory XD series won the American Rifleman handgun of the year. It's similar to a Glock but better balanced and has an extra grip safety. I have the .40 cal in OD Green. It's nice.

I will always suggest against ANY Barretta. They are Easily taken apart in your hands if you get to close to the perp and he/she knows what they are doing.

palm into the barrell to 1/2 cock = no fire
Hit release with thumb for Upper Reciever/barrell release
pull back and leave the gun holder with nothing but Pistolgrip and trigger in their hands
Beat them in the head with the steal upper reciever and barrell.

Not something that you would like to happen.

Finally Pics of after South GA trip (LARGE IMAGES)

I love going to the shooting range. And the best part is, I get to do a little trail riding to get there! About the glock .40, it's a nice gun, my uncle had one he carried on duty, and never gave him any trouble. I personally like my HK USP .40 compact. It's a little smaller than the glock, grip is much better, and shoots perfect! I am also in agreement with redrooster about carrying the guns with abiding to the law, but once I'm in my house, I reload it, and chamber a round.

Deezamn. Somebody has been rewinding the Steven Segall movies. (Sorry, I couldn't resist).
If you (not you in particular L33t) have a gun in your hand and you let them get close enough to pull some kung fu crap like that, then it is obvious that you are far too liberal and had no intention of using the gun in the first place. You should have just left the gun in your pocket and taken your licks.
I don't advocate pulling a gun on anyone. Unfortunately, a lot of people have guns, especially people with no respect for you or the law.
It's like this: I was asked if I wanted to go to Iraq as a civilian and work for about 6 months. I had to turn it down because the thought of all the soldiers having guns and all the Iraqi's having guns and me having nothing but a smile was not very appealing to me.

A Marine Corp Armoror showed me that trick in 96. it was scary to say the least. But what I say is, never pull it unless you ARE going to use it. Don't just be willing, pull it out KNOWING that you are going to pull the trigger. Also, if ANY of you have 9mm PLEASE make sure you get slow-movers. I don't think I can come up with something worse than shooting a perp with a 9mm (supersonic round) and have them still comming at you. The slow movers will Stop them and push them away from you.

I thought of Lethal Weapon 5, when Jet Li tore apart Gibson's gun in the manner mentioned above. But I agree, if he's that close, then you're intimidation factor with a firearm is not working. I only have a deer rifle, so home protection is not really achieved with my firearm. I rely on Jesus and His angels to protect my home.

I am a C.

I'll stick with my ole timey SW 357 6 shooter.

If I need more than 6 or maybe even 12 shots if I have time to pop a speed loader on there, then I'm in big trouble anyway and should probably high tail it out of there.

graewulf said:
cool... you do keep it in a lock box and unloaded though, right? safety first...

An unloaded gun is worthless. Locked away is even worse. Allways close by always loaded and eveyone in the home knows where it is, that is loaded and are able to get to it and use if the need shuld arise. You can not child proof a gun but you can gun proff a child. Teach em young.

Any of the Springfield Armory or Colt 911 clones are my choice of handguns but the H&K USP's are pretty darn nice. Had on in the 40 cal. and loved it. The Springfield V10 is a fun little hide gun as is the Champion. tug

Swamper TSL

right on brother tug. HK's are awesome. Tip for targets when at the shooting range, golf balls. They're fun to shoot at, and when you do, it's fun to watch 'em roll or fly.

You can not child proof a gun but you can gun proff a child

Right on... THAT is the way people should think.. education is much more important than abolishment... if they are taken away, or hidden, it only creates a curiosity... which usually leads to bad things

I am waiting on my pistol permit... NY policy... pay a lot, wait forever, and finally get a green piece of paper with your picture taped to it

i usually keep my gun loaded and ready to go at all times when im at home. if it wasnt loaded and ready for whatever i would have saved a bunch of money and got me a louisville slugger. when i have company over i lock it in my fast access safe that is located right beside my bed, still loaded. if i had young ones running around i probably would keep it in the safe, but more likely i would just teach them right like my father taught me. i got my first gun when i was big enough to hold it and never robbed a bank. when i met my girlfriend she was afraid of guns but i had her shooting the glock, and now she wants to get the model 27 baby glock. oh yeah im going for my concealment permit next week.

Cocked and Locked is the way they need to stay. Dont even need to pull the slide just flip the safty and poit and click. Just like a camera. Typical Gun Shot is usualy taken from 3 to 8 feet from the end of the barrel. You have no reason to shoot if they are 10 feet or more away. Not a treat of harm from someone that can not reach you. As for not pulling the gun unless you are going to use it well I do not agree with that one completely. Pulling a gun can save both the lives of the attacker and the victim many times. and if you have it out you don't have to reach for it. All them things being said I prefer the Nike approach. When trouble is near run! If you can not run reason. If you can not reason fight and if you can not win pull out ol betsy. tug

hella question

I got my first air rifle at 8 yrs old. My son turns 8 this year.
He's gonna be one happy kid :D

I agree teach them young. I will teach them and even let them shoot, but I don't keep loaded guns in the house, as a matter of fact I have them unloaded and locked up, but I own my guns for hunting, not for self defense. I guess in a pinch my dog would give me enough warning that I could get to my 30-30 and load it. This is just my personal preference. My thinking is, no matter how well ya teach kids they're just a brain-cramp away from stupid mistakes, and I have 4 little brain-crampers running around!

Back