Waynoka Dunes trip

toyman

Just got back from Little Sahara Dunes in Okla. last night. I christened my o'l rusty 76 CJ-7 the "U.S.S. Enterprise" as I took it places no man has ever been before. The 4x4 club & I all had a great time. I got interviewed by Sand Sports Mag. as they photographed me launching the Jeep off the top of a tall dune. Myself & many others were very impressed with the performance of this old Jeep. The very worn 33x15.5 Super Swampers were a big credit to this. Keeping things light is also a big factor when you run sand dunes. I had half doors & bikini top on & carry no spare. I could have removed the back seat & tailgate but didn't. Only thing I busted was my muffler as I roll started it down a dune with the key off temporarily. When I turned it on the raw gas exploded & ripped the muffler wide open. It was to quite & I was wanting dual exhaust anyway so no big deal.

I'd like to install headers also. Any suggestions as to who to get these from?
I don't want fenderwell exit ones as I think they will get trashed.

I've been getting advice from others to reconsider the stock manifolds as apparently they do flow fairly well, stay sealed to the heads & exhaust flanges better than headers. I'll do additional research before making the change.

Back