Post body lift, no fender flares, steering stab, 7th KC

bryanjeep

need 4 79 cj7

Here are my pics. I finally got to mooch a camera. Let me know what you guys think. Sorry it is clean, and sorry the pics have terrible resolution.
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

It's looking really good!! Are you going to keep the flares off? I took mine off about 6 months ago and think it looks much better without them. I also like the way it looks with all those lights on it--Think I might have to get something like that!

i took mine off about a month ago... and after i hit the offroad one time.. they were right back on

and puddles you go through... water will be sent all over you inside if you don't have the windows up.. you are asking for a mess... i realize that a mess outside is good... but you will regret it after one dirt road on a rainy night

i would say to get/make a bracket to lift that step bar up.. and see what you can do about filling that back gap.. the front doesn't look so bad though... i'll say, good job

Yeah, I am leaving the flares off. I like the way they look except for the fact that all our interstates have road crap on them. Every little bit of that gets thrown into the cab. They have been off for a month now so I can tolerate it.

I am not worried about the body gap. I'll get to take care of that later. As for the step bar, the pictures are decieving. It doesnt hang any lower than the frame. It is still an inch above the bottom of the frame.

But I need to cut the bar in half to shorten it. When I get larger tires, the bar will be in the way in the back. Sad thing is that the dumb a** before me welded them to the frame, so I have to dig deep into my brain to see how I am going to do this.

88Wrangles, as for the light bar, do NOT get the rotobar. It shakes toooooo much. Get one of the other kind.

i just wouldn't want my step bar that far down from the body

Looks nice but I have to say I dont like the way it looks with out the flares. But thats just my opinion. Other than that good job!!! :wink:

I'd get rid of the nerf bars, they greatly reduce ground clearance. Get some that mount to the tub if you want protection and ground clearance.

I'm not a big fan of the rounded rear wheel opening, looks like a CJ ;) I'd install TJ fender flares and flatty the front fenders.

Like I said, I dont have ANY loss of clearance as they do not stick down past the frame. Oh TJ flares cost $$$$$$. That I dont have and they would look stupid with a 10.50" wide tire. That is later on after I get the full size axles and boggers.

I think the flares are going back on though after I try to melt them a little. I was liking it w/o them until a rock came inside from the tire.

As for the flatty fenders, I am still thinking about that.

Happy Easter

I usually run a 9.5" wide tire on stock rims and IMO they don't look stupid.

Just because they are above the bottom of the frame doesn't mean they don't limit ground clearance. I'll usually run over a large boulder with either the right tires or the left tires, to keep from getting high centered. This pitches the jeep off-camber and puts the rockers close to the boulders, if not on the boulder. There's a lot of situations where those can limit the ground clearance under your rockers.

We don't have rocks, hills, or really anything to climb around here. So that is why clearance isn't an issue here.

I do think my frame is slightly bent. You wouldnt be able to tell be the pics I don't think. It leans a little to the driver front side. I know that it isnt the springs because I am on my second set and it does the same thing.

The camera obviously sucked.

Still looks pretty decent, although I'd agree that the fender flares should go back on. Also, it still looks a bit funny in the pics with those nerf bars down that low. I know you said it doesn't look that bad in real life, but I'd have to see it to believe it. Are you going with bigger tires to fill in some room under the fenders, or just leave it as is? If you're not doing any rocking, then the flex and bigger tires wouldn't seem to be much of a problem, although you never know when a log or other obstacle is gonna jump up and bite you on the.....well....you know. LOL!!!

Looks good, keep it up!!

8) Bryan

Didn't get a c hance to post to ya before but wanted to say the lift is sweet. I like the flares off too, but the stuff coming in the cab would get annoying I'm sure. Step bar does look unusual at first, but not so after looking at it awhile. I'm sure the pic is deceiving. One time on here, someone told me "cameras make hills look flat and people fat". LOL Maybe it's a case of that.

Take care! Keep on Jeeping
Heather

Sorry not trying to call it stupid on purpose, I always thought that they would stick out past the tire.

Back