EABY SCAM!!!

Sully

PLZZ HELP Idle problems and stalling

So an email scam is circulating from suspension@ebay.com. The subject is: xxx@xxx.com - eBay Account Suspended

Then it goes on to say how you need to re-verify your info. The scary part is that this looks like a valid site with the ebay.com domain in it. Notice it is not https, do not fall for this and put in your account and credit card info.

Just giving you all a heads up!

This happened to me almost 2 years ago. I fell for it. Within 24 hours, there were over $12,000 worth of items up for bid under my username!!! Whoever did this changed my password and I could not access my account. I did contact ebay and it was straightened out, but man that feaked me out!

Thanks for the heads up Sully!

that scam has been going around for years, along with the yahoo verify your info, sitibank, and a few others...

tires and wheels

Same thing happened to me with ebay and paypal...I didnt fall for either one but they looks so real if you get one foward it to ebay or whatever company its from. Cause there are some new ones.

common practice for someone to scam: Game accounts: Credit Cards: Bank accounts, PIN Numbers.

REMEMBER most sites of these sorts have MANY warning that they will NEVER request this information via e-mail.

Well I had just got my computer 3 months before and I was a sucker for it. The only thing that tipped me off was getting an email from the real eBay confirming my password change. Turns out the e-mail address was changed also. What a pain in the ...

Easy to avoid, and email asking for any info? Just don't click on any link to the site. Close the email and go to the website at the address you know or have stored in favorites/bookmarks.

No harm done but it was a real stupid mistake that could have gotten real ugly!

Hi,

As sully pointed out, it is important that sites which allow you to input sensitive information be using the Secure HTTP protocol to protect the information from being able to be read by third parties. That is why you should always look for a lock icon to appear in the status bar of your browser and a site address beginning with https:// to get verification that the data will be encrypted. :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

I actually get these emails at least once a week. I simply forward them to eBay or Paypal, and have them take care of it. I do have a question. I often get large emails, and have some random characters or are simply blank. Can these email infect my computer OR my email account? I use hotmail, and I know that my old hotmail account has been sending people emails that are large. Some people actually emaled me back and asked me how I knew them. I have not idea who they are. What can I do about this?-al

Back