air intake routing

currupt4130

VT Hokie
i was just sitting around pondering a way to keep my air intake from getting dirty as the previous owner put one of those "cool" apc cool air intake filters on it and ditched the stock setup, and i came up with the idea of rouiting the intake into the inside of the cab, through the firewall, where the air filter would be out of the way of most dirt and debris and water that tends to fly up through the engine compartment, does anyone know anything about this idea or have tried it or kno someone whos done it or have any suggestions on how to do it?

i was talking about routing it into the cab but a home made snorkel is a possibilty also, that looks really good what that guy did

im not sure thats a good question, it cant be any louder than my top flapping everywhere or the wind when the top isnt there but i dunno

I am not sure it would be a good Idea if you drive with your top up. You will be restricting the air flow and also get fuel vapers in the cab. If you always drive top down you may be OK.

Back