Cherokee Mod - Smash or Trash

jugghead23

image-missing.png

Seems to me someone's trying to make their Cherokee look a little too much like an Avalance

if it makes you happy, go for it, it's still a jeep and it's still offroad capable.

My friend has that same set up on his cherokee, I mean the body cutting stuff. It's cool, but it takes out some structural integrity. He is putting in a full roll cage to strengthen up the body and protect him if he goes over. His rig is not a DD, it is actually kinda just for trails.

I've always liked that look. There are some cool ones out there. I just don't have the know how to do it.

A guy in my club has one like that. He has a full roll cage going up from the back. It is awsome off road. Whatever makes you happy.

mingez said:
I've always liked that look. There are some cool ones out there. I just don't have the know how to do it.
get a hacksaw and sand it down with a dremel after mingez :lol: :lol:

I dunno. I like the Cherokee's squared body. It was good enough to remain virtually unchanged throughout the lifespan of the XJ. If you want open air driving get a SWB Jeep! It looks, ok I guess, but it's not for me.

Looks OK , but needs a few finer touches here and there - paintwork, bumpers

What is that thing hanging off the back of the 2nd red one with the ARB looking front bumper?
That white one has got it going on. Gimme that with an LS1, TH400, Dana 300 and a set of 60's...lookout.

Mingez -

they're kind of cool lookin', but again, they're not for me. I'm not cutting sheet metal or doing any major mod just for show. I like the original as possible while capable of kickin' butt on a trail look myself.

I'm not putting them down - they'd be great for some folks if that's what they like - just not me.

I like em, but don't think I'd ever do it. The white one is for real though. I like that one the best.

It's just the surfacing of subconscious feelings that all XJ owners have. "Man I wish I had a real Jeep, maybe if I chop off the back.....it will wheel like a CJ,YJ, or TJ!!!!!!"

Just kidding guys (I bet a couple of you instantly hated me for that one!), I like them too. Especially the white one, but it looks like it needs more lift.

Junkpile said:
It's just the surfacing of subconscious feelings that all XJ owners have. "Man I wish I had a real Jeep, maybe if I chop off the back.....it will wheel like a CJ,YJ, or TJ!!!!!!"

Just kidding guys (I bet a couple of you instantly hated me for that one!), I like them too. Especially the white one, but it looks like it needs more lift.

My "Jeep's" longer... so why would I hate you? :lol:

Back