Roll call for Western Jeepz Peepz.

onyxdragon said:
British Columbia Canada here. New to Jeepz...and waiting to put my other motor in before I go any distances with it for fear of losing my noisy wrist pin !
Hey. Where in BC are you? I'm in Richmond.

RE: Re: Spool VS Locker

I've just read this entire thread and agree with Mingez as he posted last year... the west is too wide-spread for a large % of us to meet on any specific weekend. It's a great idea on the computer guys, but the real world is just outside our doors. The real world dictates that unless we schedule our whole weeks vacation around an event, and all us of do it at all expenses, we will not accomplish this thread's goal. I hate to rain on anyone's parade but it's hard to get family together within a 100 mile radius on a weekend for a reunion let alone what this thread about. I'm not negative, just realistic. Mingez posted this in May of last year and it is still just talk. WTF, let's Git R Done next year and start planning our vacations around it NOW! (hard to commit right now, huh?) There-in lies the problem. Don't forget that we have Canadian members as well. I endorse forming our mutual cliks within our own demographic areas and bond together in that respect. The Mrs and I have meet a younger local Z'er twice that has impressed us by his maturity and politeness. No offense to any generation "X" Zers, but this is very gratifying to a generation "Baby Boomer". The nice thing about the Zs is that most everybody seems to be polite and mellow (except for the politics :lol:)and bonding. That makes this the best interactive website we've taken part of ................period. Thanx, Terrymason. LBR

I'm in California, near San Francisco. If we do organize something, I say we go to Hollister Hills where the Top Truck Challenge is held! There's a staging area we can reserve and the wheeling is great from pre-novice to triple black diamond trails (especially in the winter when every trail becomes 5x harder), and it's sunny most of the time even in the winter. I think that what we need is someone to set a date and then see how many people can commit to it.

RE: Re: RE: Audio question...

Yeah.....Hollister is pretty centrally located for CA peepz. I wouldn't mind heading over there for a weekend. The wife loves that area so I'm sure I can talk her into it. Plus, it's a pretty good weather all year round so we can go whenever! I'm down.....let me know when.

RE: Re: RE: Audio question...

I'll do the Alpine Loop, though mostly to get from Lake City to Ouray. I'll probably do Engineer Pass as I like the "Oh My" point and the ride from the top to Animas Forks Ghost Town. I also like the final run down to US 550. I do want to ride Black Bear & Ophir Pases (mostly for the 'Thrill" factor of Black Bear). I'll want to ride Poughkeepsie Gulch. I was there in July but Poughkeepsie Gulch was still closed due to high levels of snow. I'll start top down (heard it was easier) but plan on going from bottom to top as well. I am looking forward to it!

I like the idea of the "Demographic groups" idea. Basically because of my wish to ride trails. Hours and hours of highway driving is just not fun to me.

On my way to the San Juans I am looking at different trails to ride. I've found some all along US285 to Monte Vista. That is the fun of Colorado. Lots of mountains, trails and fun. You just have to find them!

I am definitely visiting "Wheeler Geologic Area" near Creede. It was once designated as a National Monument (T. Roosevelt) but had the designation removed due to the remote location. That's Sunday's ride - 8 hours to do 14 miles of road according to other people that have ridden it.

LBR said:
I've just read this entire thread and agree with Mingez as he posted last year... the west is too wide-spread for a large % of us to meet on any specific weekend. It's a great idea on the computer guys, but the real world is just outside our doors.
I'm planning a trip to Moab sometime in the next year or two (depending on vacation time ect, ect)....I wanna do the Lion's Back. I know we can't all meet but mabye when I go there I'll hook up with a few of you.

Back