6th Annual Mudders Day Festival

ROade

Yesterday we ran our 6th Annual Mudders Day Festival.
My CJ7's 1st run since I started rebuild.Everything went Great !
Came out with nothing broke except starter.( I believe mud packed it )
Renegade was impressive ! Motor never missed a beat.
New tire combo rocked.(35.15.50x15 Swamper TSL/SX Radials.
I'll be able to post pics too my web site tomorrow.
I also have some video, but its on analog recorder.
Any suggestions on video capture?

Cool. Congrats!!!
You may have to find someone with a VTR on a digital camera of some kind with firewire output and an analog input. I believe some of the sony's come with this option. Otherwise, you'll have to purchase software and a capture card that'll allow you to digitize the signal. Spendy, when you consider most new digital camcorders come with firewire.

Oh, now that I think about it... your local college may have an editng facility. Tip the tech and see if he'll do it for you and email the file to you. I've heard of some "Kinko" type businesses that offer that as a service, but only in bigger cities.

Oh Yea,
Any one have input on installing body lift ?
Probally go 3 inches.
Will kit have everything needed? ( steering,clutch,etc..)

Man, go 3" for the body lift. I just told Craig to keep his on also. They are easy and give you 3 more inches of clearance. That combined with a suspension lift looks sweet. Form your own opinion on the body lift, asking others about them will get plenty of mixed answers. Go read Craigs thread for the rest of it.

Body lifts are alright. It really all comes down to how much little spaces between the body and the frame bother you. I am one of those people that get annoyed by large body lifts, even the small 1 inch I have on my CJ7. You are going to get mixed answers for sure. Some people swear by it, and other, well, ya know. My opinion is to only go no higher than 1 inch body lift. The 1 inch made a big difference on mine. I would have done 2 inches, but I dont like the idea of being able to fit my hand in between my body and my frame. Which all those 3 inch body lift guys can do.

I really dont like em either, but Ive got to have more tire to body clearance. Ive allready done 4 inch suspension and 1 inch shackle lifts.
What else can I do ? Its not a street rod, hehehe!!

Any lift that stretches the gas fill lines, steering linkage, break lines, shifters and and claims Should not be used with any type of suspension lift. Just dont sound right. I could care less about the gap near the frame.

Back