Pissed off at Rocky Road Outfitters

TwistedCU

I recently bought a 2" Budget boost from Rocky Road Outfitters. I was going to order from their website, but they had an ebay auction that included free bar pin eliminators, so I went that route. 5 days later with no emails or anything I decide to call them. They said that the front spacers are back ordered. No "sorry 'bout that sir" or "we apologize for the error", just an "I dunno, uh, we usually have 'em in stock but they should be in in about 2 weeks or so" :roll:

:shock: What the...

Backordered?!?!? Why start an eBay auction then? :roll: . I was hoping to do the BB and new tires this Sat but thats a blown plan now. What a way to run a business. :x

**Enter "Howard-Dean-like" scream here*** !!!

To make it more frustrating, I just saw that the guys have more auctions running for the same thing! Man that's bad business!

Hey! buy it now, we just don't have them to send you!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2477765765&category=33585

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2478372621&category=33585

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

that is pretty bad. That's the problem with having employees that don't care at all what the business looks like, so they treat the customer like cr@p :roll: . Good luck and hope that that you get the product soon!

Customer service is what sells product, not low prices!

I hear ya TC, I remember seeing someone else rip on this place for bad service, I Would not do business with them!

Breath in Breath out! It will be alright bro!!

Had the same customer service problem with Bulletproof, just pisses the heck out of you! I would report them to Ebay for selling an item they do not have.

What Else do I Need

When they request payment for the item, tell them that you have their money on backorder, but you would like to go ahead and get the item anyway. I'm sure they will understand. :)

i agree with Wolf...the first thing i check for when buying from someone on e-bay is their feedback. Keeps everybody honest :lol:

I did check their feedback, it's 98.5%. I've also seen their products written up in magazines with nothing but good reviews.

that's why you need to post negative feedback about your experience, so others are prepared for it and maybe it will get them to change their ways (though i doubt it). just wait till after you recieve the parts....

So I got the lift yesterday, but the bar pin eliminators weren't in the box. I did get an e-mail with another tracking #, so I assume that is them. They're due to arrive 6/4 (almost a month after the auction). Looks like a good quality kit, and it's a shame but I think if this company just was a little more up front when they have low stock issues, they would be top notch.

It will be my last time dealing with them :|

well, glad to hear you at least got the parts, or most of them. After hearing this, I will never buy from them either, and I'm sure none of my friends will either!

john_tara4 said:
When they request payment for the item, tell them that you have their money on backorder, but you would like to go ahead and get the item anyway. I'm sure they will understand. :)

That was too funny.. :) :) :)

Re: ****ed off at Rocky Road Outfitters

Hello! I bought an SOA/OTT kit from RRO for a CJ7. Took well over a month, multiple phone calls and emails and threats to cancel my order. What I got for my $1600 was one lame excuse after another. In fact they blatantly lied to me about shipping dates. What bothered me the most was that they really didn't seemed overly concerned about it. But then again, it looks like their ****-poor customer service and terrible work ethics have been going on for years now. I also bought a diff guard from them on eBay. I had to file a dispute with PayPal for a refund. RRO blamed it on everything but themselves.

I hate opening a first post in this manner, but I don't want any of you to experience the same frustration and aggravation I did. These folks are something else. There are alternatives, spend your hard earned $ somewhere else and tell RRO to :bootyshake:

Okay...I've never bought anything from RRO but have been tempted...

Now I don't think so if they are as bad with their customer service as they seem.

So, who has the best online deals at the best price and quality with great customer service? IYHO

Would seriously like to know anyones positive experiences...

Thanks,

Larry

Have you seen their latest stunt?

If you do a seller search on eBay you'll see they've made their feedback private - you can no longer see all their negative feedback and their subsequent terrible reputation. They've also opened a new eBay account: rockyroadoutfitters_4x4. They've started over with 0 feedback and, of course, this feedback has not been made private.

Looks like ol' Glenn Wakefield has pulled another fast one. Man...I wish I knew then what I know now!! :x

Last edited:

Thanks for the info Terry...

Good to hear about "good" customer service vendors for a change.

Larry

Thanks for the info Terry...

Good to hear about "good" customer service vendors for a change.

Larry

I agree with you Larry. But generally speaking most folks have good experiences most of the time - at least I do. Occasionally you come across a vendor that has proven exemplary in ruining your day - that's why posts like these are "good" too! At any rate, I'll throw a few A1 vendors at you I've dealt with in the past couple of days:

Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft This was my fourth set of driveshafts from them. Gave Troy my config and he made several suggestions, knew the ins 'n outs of my setup and was most pleasant. They built my driveshafts in one day, had them to me in two business days. How good is that?

Downsouth Motorsports in Chula Vista, Ca. Bought a set of Fox 2.0 shocks from Sonny. Of the four, he accidentally sent out two wrong ones. I contacted him and he immediately revalved the new ones and UPS'd them to me with a return label for the two wrong ones along with a string of apologies. It's not often that you get this kind of customer service.

Poison Spyder Customs These folks had some problems locating steel for their production runs, but never mislead me on an ETA. Bought Crusher Corners, Ricochet Rockers and front tube fenders. I called a couple of times to check on the status, always up front, polite and to the point. Not to mention their products could be framed and hung on the shop wall! The last of my order arrived yesterday, can't wait to get 'em painted and bolted on!

There...hope that helps.

Back