Pissed off at Rocky Road Outfitters

Happy with Rocky Road Outfitters

Gotta say I have had a completely opposite experience with the guys at Rocky Road.

On advice from some friends, I picked up their SOA kit and High steer for my Jeep. I did alot of emailing with them beforehand and they really helped me understand the system and the engineering. I tossed some stiff lift springs for this system and picked up their stockers at the same time.

Usually when I email a shop, I get blown off or sent to an FAQ page. The owner himself really took alot of time talking with me on their kit. Probably a dozen emails back and forth. I did mention the bad rap and the owner did say they had periodic supply problems and they ended up taking the bad rap for the manufacturers sometimes. He was real nice and up front about this though and it makes sense to me that a 4x4 shop can't control their suppliers.

I got the kits about a week after ordering and was really impressed with the quality of the construction. I've been running the setup on my Jeep now for a couple months and feel its probably one of the best things I've ever done on any of my vehicles.

I guess after reading this thread I just had to say that we've all had something go wrong on a purchase at one time or another. And frankly, with every 4x4 shop on the planet you can find complaints online. These guys at Rocky Road deserve better than some of the dirt dished here. They are good guys, people I know have had great experiences with them. Don't be afraid to give them a try.

Re: ****ed off at Rocky Road Outfitters

"These guys at Rocky Road deserve better than some of the dirt dished here."
-algodones23

You're either affiliated with RRO or you're quite naive. I've spent THOUSANDS of dollars on projects over the years and have had my share of frustrations for sure. But I have never been lied to, side-stepped or mislead as I was with these people. You may have had a good experience, but don't discount those of us who haven't. One really bad ah-$hit screws up a bunch of atta-boys! When you spend $1600 on a hobby you're foolish not to research and decide accordingly.

Can't control their suppliers? The items I bought were an SOA & high steer (sound familiar?) which were built in-house. Finally....Wrong shocks and tie rod was too long as well. Their reply? Are you sure you have a wide-track? You gave us a wrong shipping address. They're going out next week. Etc, etc, etc. And they didn't ship the tie rod ends either. This went on for well over a month while my Jeep was sitting on jack stands!! And not ONCE did these fine folks take responsibility, they consistently blamed their woes on something or someone else! I could go on and on! Does this actually sound like a business that deserves a recommendation?

I told RRO that I am adamant about putting the word out so that others are not misled the way I was.

Don't be afraid to give them a try? Heh, heh...may the force be with you!!

Man---Take a chill pill.

Everyone I know has had a great experience with these guys which is why I bought from them. You maybe had a bad time, my spring over kicks butt and and I love my YJ now! The guys I know who had bought from them say the same thing.

Anyway- it sounds like they worked things out for you. That's way better than leaving you with the wrong parts and never responding. If you call being a happy customer "affiliated", then I guess I am.

Anyway, my Jeep rocks and we all have nothing but positive vibes for Rocky Road.

I bought from a similar firm on eBay. eBay doesn't care. It took PayPal over 2 months to decide in my favor and return my money (the item was on "backorder" the entire time. I did get my money, though.

My advice for the future? NEVER buy from anyone on eBay with a less then 99.3 rating...

Talk about an old thread!!!

Lol maybe they're customer service has gotten better in the last FOUR years. haha

I was going to do some business with rr outfitters, glad I saw these threads you saved me a lot of hassle, thanks!

I will not do buisness with them. One out of several people on here had a good experience. As for the owner saying they cant controll their supplier, maybe not but they dont have to have the auction for it either (till their supplier can get it in their hands). Maybe the owner should look at his employees if he is that nice.

Thanks TC for the heads up on Rocky Roads don't care attitude.I'll be sure to steer away from those ****HEADS......

Back