Finally did it

mo-james

difference in wheels?

Traded in my old daily ride 99 dodge ram sport, for a new 2004 dodge ram hemi sport quad cab. Only driven it a few days but I already have decided that my jeep CJ needs more ponies....it has a 305 chevy. I have 350 in a donor truck with camel hump heads. I LOVE the low end torque of the hemi. If anyone wants a 305 let me know....
p.s. I traded the 99 cause the Jeep had alot more power......It never ends.....
:)

camel hump heads?? Thought there was only exhaust manifolds ?

There are several "camel hump" heads. Chevy cylinder heads are identified by the last three digits of the casting number located under the valve cover. The camel hump identifiers located on the ends of these heads come in two sizes. The larger humps indicate a 291, 461, 461x, or 462 head casting. The small hump versions were 186s or 492s. A few of these heads are almost unobtainable today. Usually these are referred to as "fuelie" heads. Some of the casting didn't come with accessory bolt holes, which can be a real PITA. They all have 62-64 cc combustion chambers so watch your compression ratio, and you need hardened valve inserts if they don't already have them. Alot came with the smaller valves which need to be changed if you are planning on anything serious. Bottom line....Great heads with some porting and a little updating, but if you have to go completely through them in order to use them, it would be just as cheap and make more power to just pick up a catalog and order a set of Dart Iron Eagles or other aftermarket iron head with whatever port size your combo needs.

I've never heard of camel hump exhaust manifolds, do you mean the "rams horn" manifolds?

Back