New competition rig (not a Jeep)

Junkpile

This might only interest some of you in the southeastern part of the country. It's the pigcooker we just finished. The new owner drove down from Maryland Thursday to pick it up. I'm not sure if this one will be competing, the guy bought it as a gift for his daughter's fiance.

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Red Xs.....what did I do wrong?

edit----Nevermind. I went back and read the excellent tutorial, smacked myself, and then fixed it.

SWEET!!!!!! I so want one, but have no where to park it.

I'm going to start entering BBQ comps, that is if I can find some in New Mexico. I've had too many compliments on my ribs. They're not that special, it's just that they turn out in a way that everyone likes them. A JD glaze that I made up and apple wood to smoke 'em. I call them Apple Jack ribs. LOL Ok, not that original.

You built that? That looks great I really like it. I would only add diamond plate and flame accents. LOL, if you knew me you'd understand. I paint flames on everything

The price range on the 10 we have done so far has been between $3500 and $9000. Depending on what you want. This one is sort of a "midsize" unit. It would have been a little nicer if we had time to make the burner setup on the front that was originally planned, but the guy wanted it quick so we used the commercially available burner stands that are in the picture. The grill on the front is a Tailgate model from our grill line.

OMG!!!! Now that's a grill! :shock: I presume the $9K version not only has 4WD but it serves the food for you, washes the dishes, cleans itself up, and puts itself away. :)

...it should also go to the store on its own to pick up any food or other items you forgot before you even realize you forgot them. :lol: Joking, of course.

It's actually an awesome piece of work.

Man..puts my backyard bbq to shame! and i even got the one with the little side burner. My god..you could cook a whole cow on that thing..just lay 'em down. very nice...man..i need one.

What part of Md was he from I may want to pay him a little visit and see cooks as good as it looks :mrgreen:

LOL , I'm with Twisted. I didn't know they made freaking cookers that HUGE. OMG and you tow it with your vehicle. LOL I can't get over that. I'm going to find this dudes house! Back in the DAY, we used to just dig a hole in the ground and cook the pig in that AND it's for free! lol

Lady

I don't know what part of Maryland he is from, I'll try to remember to look tomorrow.

No 4wd, sorry....haven't figured that one out yet.
When I build one for personal use, it will be sitting on 33s. That's the biggest tire I can fit if I section out the body of the cooker to allow clearance. I'd love to build one that I could tow through the woods behind the Jeep, but fitting a longer suspension and lifting it high enough to keep it from constantly getting high centered would make it too tall to be practical. Plus it weighs ALOT, I wouldn't want to jack one up too tall.

TIME TO FIRE UP THE BARBIE!!! You should haul that thing to the jeepz.com week in tennesse and show off your mad cooking skills!

Sully--- I was going to try and get the CJ ready in time to go.....but it's not going to happen. Too much left to do, not enough time and energy to get it done. Next year.

TwistedTJ--- he's from Woodbine, Maryland. He tested it out this weekend and said he loves it.

Back