L33TJ33P

>>People over 30 should be dead!
>>Here's why ............
>>
>>According to today's regulators and bureaucrats, those of us who
>>were kids in the 40's, 50's, 60's, or even maybe the early 70's
>>probably shouldn't have survived.
>>
>>Our baby cribs were covered with bright colored lead-based paint.
>>
>>We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets,
>>..! and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets. (Not to
>>mention the risks we took hitchhiking.)
>>
>>As children, we would ride in cars with no seatbelts or air bags.
>>
>>Riding in the back of a pickup truck on a warm day was always a
>>special treat.
>>
>>We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle.
>>Horrors!
>>
>>We ate cupcakes, bread and butter, and drank soda pop with sugar in
>>it, but we were never overweight because we were always outside
>>playing.
>>
>>We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle, and no
>>one actually died from this.
>>
>>We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then
>>rode down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes.
>>
>>After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the
>>problem.
>>
>>We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we
>>were back when the street lights came on.
>>
>>No one was able to reach us all day. NO CELL PHONES!!!!!
>>Unthinkable!
>>
>>We did not have Playstations, Nintendo 64, X-Boxes, no video games
>>at all, no 99 channels on cable, video tape movies, surround sound,
>>personal cell phones, personal computers, or Internet chat rooms.
>>
>>We had friends! We went outside and found them.
>>
>>We played dodge ball, and sometimes, the ball would really hurt.
>>
>>We fell out of trees, got cut and broke bones and teeth, and there
>>were no lawsuits from these accidents. They were accidents. No
>>one was to blame but us. Remember accidents?
>>
>>We had fights and punched each other and got black and blue and
>>learned to get over it.
>>
>>We made up games with sticks and tennis balls and ate worms, and
>>although we were told it would happen, we did not put out very many
>>eyes, nor did the worms live inside us forever.
>>
>>We rode bikes or walked to a friend's home and knocked on the door,
>>or rang the bell or just walked in and talked to them.
>>
>>Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those
>>who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment.
>>
>>Some students weren't as smart as others, so they failed a grade
>>and were held back to repeat the same grade. Horrors!
>>
>>Tests were not adjusted for any reason.
>>
>>Our actions were our own.
>>Consequences were expected.
>>
>>The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke a law was unheard
>>of.
>>They actually sided with the law. Imagine that!
>>
>>This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers and
>>problem solvers and inventors, ever.
>>
>>The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new
>>ideas.
>>
>>We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned
>>how to deal with it all. And you're one of them!
>>Congratulations!
>>
>>Please pass this on to others who have had the luck to grow up as
>>kids, before lawyers and government regulated our lives, for our
>>own good !!!!!
>>
>>People under 30 are WIMPS !

although i am under 30, where i grew up we were 10 years behind anyhow lol. i can remember when the world was just how you describe, and i miss it dearly. i pitty children these days, they dont know what FUN is.

Don't forget, we could get into fights in school without some gangster wannabe pulling out a knife or gun...we settled like real men, we settled it with our fists!

Tug-- It's got to suck to be kid today. They don't even realize what they are missing, and they never will. That's sad.

lets see i am going to be that guy but i dont care on this one.........i am 18 yeah it kinda sucks now but let me see..............i drink from the hose.......i have friends and we do stuff outside............ granted i do have a cell and a ps2......... but never use them (cell when i need it... it never works.... 4wheelin) i share drinks with other people.......... climb trees........ been in a few tussles here and there.... always take risks....... play dodge ball ..... paintball(that will sting every now and then) ......... im outside all the time especially now summer ......... i just show up at my friends house( part of the family).... went to catholic hs so no dumbed down classes(i gaurantee that) ........ played little league tried out and one of the few to make a team as a 9 year old everyone else my age had to wait a year(suckers)... lawyers need to back off things happen for a reason(in most cases) ....... HELL i took the biggest risk so far............ I own a Jeep and use it offroad.... so yeah even though we live in the techno age not all of us are wimps of nerds........ some of us know how to do real stuff like fish, hunt, work on our cars, arent afraid of germs.........im also going to say it my parents taught me well........... ever think its your generation that softened up my generation think about that......... but i know i could have survived in your day

my 2 cents...............FiC

3L33T, That first post was funny!! :lol: :lol:

But, I will say that I think it's tough to be a kid these days today.

I notice, as a person of 30 years of age, I'm starting to say things like "kids today". It's just something that older people (or rather non-adolescents) do.
"Young whiper-snappers!"
Next thing I know, I'll be yelling at some kids to turn down that "damn rock and roll music". Well... I do, but now it's contemporary counterpart is the ricer with the bass that travels through concrete walls.

Don't y'all remember rolling your eyes at grampa talking about how he walked uphill both ways in the snow to school? This is the modern version of that. Funny though!! :mrgreen: :lol:

That "it's tough to be a kid these days" stuff is a load of BS

This may be different now than years ago, but not necessarily harder. If it was harder, less people would seek higher education than years ago, the population would be a lot smaller, technology would work in reverse, all the fool proof safty issue regarding infants and children would not exhist, etc....

Some people say, oh we can get shot now a days, ya true, but there was violence back then too, people got killed.

I could go on for hours, but I won't times are different, but not harder.

I think it's sad to be a kid these days, they don't have the spirit we did and I think it's too bad that parents today don't encourage kids to do the things they did as children. I watch movies like The Sandlot and Radio Flyer and get all reminescent <sp>. I remember waiting til it rained to go play mud football. Then afterwards I had to stand on the porch and strip to my underoo's and get hosed off before I was allowed in the house. So did every other kid on the street. I don't think kids have it tough today, I think most of them are pansies. Like was said earlier, now they have to worry about a kid pulling a gun on them instead of getting a black eye. Plus, as much as I love them, video games are just taking away from real fun activities. Kids almost rather be a 15th level draco lord of planet Melbatoast, then go out and skin a knee. The kids in my neighborhood still play football and capture the flag. Since I'm the "oldest kid on the block" I play QB for both sides. I grew up in a city called Tustin in Orange County California. I was about 12 or 13 when my neighbor and I rode our single speed beach cruisers to El Toro to see the Blue Angels. THAt was about a 15 to 20 mile ride in each direction on a major street. No cell phone no pager. That was fun. I also remember how tired I was after that.

The major thing I hope for as a new dad, Liana is 6 weeks old now, is that I encourage her to want to get dirty as a kid. In other words, to do alot of what I got to do as a kid. I will take her mountain biking, Jeeping, camping and all that fun outdoor stuff. Hopefully before developers take it all away.

I think the saddest thing about children these days is there is no age guidelines for them to live thier lives by. Everything happens so early now and they are seeing thing so young that we may not have seen till much older.

They also see the darker side of life way way earlier than us (30+) and have no one to turn to about it but other confused small children. Parents don't care about thier kids like they used to or they don't raise them from inside the home. They let government and teachers and everyone else do it. Sad, very sad.

I agree with both sides. I have a niece that is seven and I can't bleieve the things she has experienced in her lifetime or that she understands. I also try to show her what stain berries are, what fun making grass and dandilion jelewry is, what fun it is to catch lightening bugs, how to hula hoop and all those things. The worst part? You know why I do these things? Because her own parents don't, as I stated above. They just don't care...either one and one of those is my sibling.

Heather

FiCJeep said:
lets see i am going to be that guy but i dont care on this one.........i am 18 yeah it kinda sucks now but let me see..............i drink from the hose.......i have friends and we do stuff outside............ granted i do have a cell and a ps2......... but never use them (cell when i need it... it never works.... 4wheelin) i share drinks with other people.......... climb trees........ been in a few tussles here and there.... always take risks....... play dodge ball ..... paintball(that will sting every now and then) ......... im outside all the time especially now summer ......... i just show up at my friends house( part of the family).... went to catholic hs so no dumbed down classes(i gaurantee that) ........ played little league tried out and one of the few to make a team as a 9 year old everyone else my age had to wait a year(suckers)... lawyers need to back off things happen for a reason(in most cases) ....... HELL i took the biggest risk so far............ I own a Jeep and use it offroad.... so yeah even though we live in the techno age not all of us are wimps of nerds........ some of us know how to do real stuff like fish, hunt, work on our cars, arent afraid of germs.........im also going to say it my parents taught me well........... ever think its your generation that softened up my generation think about that......... but i know i could have survived in your day

my 2 cents...............FiC

Dude, your not a kid at 18. I was talking about like ten year olds.

jps4jeep said:

Oh yeah... Well I think what you said is a load of crap :wink: Heehehehehe.

Geez Johnny, next time just kick me in the nuts why don't you. Freakin' aye. :lol:

Yeah, I agree there has been a "wussification" factor when it comes to contemporary society, but when I was in High School, bullets wizzed by plenty. And so did other forms of violence I know my Dad didn't have to go through.

The population is growing exponentially in Africa and I think we'd all agree that things are tougher over there than here, so I think the population growth argument doesn't hold much water.

Technology is something that breeds upon itself. So, while currently it isn't going backward, to use techno advancement as a yardstick I'd say isn't exactly apropriate. For example, the Great Depression was a pretty tough period in US history... however, I don't think technological advances were regressing as you suggest. We managed to come out of that period in history more technologically advanced than the previous decade and 1/2.

Necessity breeds invention, and there was plenty of need.

So poo on you. :lol: (I'm kidding bro, incase you thought I was serious)

mingez said:
jps4jeep said:

Oh yeah... Well I think what you said is a load of crap :wink: Heehehehehe.

Geez Johnny, next time just kick me in the nuts why don't you. Freakin' aye. :lol:

(I'm kidding bro, incase you thought I was serious)

OH I am dead serious! And I just might take you up on the Nuts offer! :twisted:

hehe jk!!

People say that things like 911 are horrific for the young kids, which it is, but in parents time, RFK and JFK were shot, pearl harbor, Charles Manson, WWI WWII, Vietnam, we just celebrated Dday's 60th, the equality movement, the catholic church in the 70's, womens right, segregation, imagine trying to be a black female in the south in the 50's and 60's, instead of the random bullet wizzing by, there were regular lynchings, and other horrific acts. And there were gangs back then, it just was not as "well know" as it is now.

What I was trying to illustrate was that the situations of the young now a days is different, but not necessarily harder.

I think the one thing people lack now a days is nothing more than direction!

People under 30 are WIMPS !
Dude, I almost fell out of the chair reading that and at the same time seeing your sig line with a dancing transformer, Sinbad, Fairy Princess and Spider Man. Please, please, please take that image off of there.

Back