East Coast Jeepz

88Wrangles

So, I am going to be coming over to the east coast (South Carolina) in about a month. A good friend of mine has moved back there :cry: and so me and a couple friends are going to visit her (we're from Oregon). We are taking a train over, and I was thinking I might bring my Jeep. But first, anyone know if there are a lot of good trails over there? If there aren't a lot, then the Jeep will stay at home :cry: . Thanks in advance!!

Just a few miles north and you can borrow my trail for a few days. South Carolina has a bunch of sand and country so I would be quick to say bring the jeep and you will be glad you did. tug

95 Cherokee- Hi lift cam?

Certain parts have great wheeling spots. Where I am on the coast, it pretty much sucks now that the beach access is being regulated so much, unless you want to hit the mud. I have to drive more than an hour to find a SMALL trail that isn't on private or restricted land (those tresspassing tickets can add up!). Up around Tug in Tenn and in the western areas of NC, it's fourwheeling heaven. The central parts of both states(NC and SC) have some good wheeling that's mostly mud and dirt-hill type stuff.

Couple Pics

Hey 88 go ahead and bring yer Jeep Ill be glad to drag U around the trails here LOL

I know you got flamed in another thread, so I understand the anger.....Just let it die and enjoy the board. The people here are great and try to be as helpful as possible, just let that crap in the other thread slide.

No flaming here, we were merely suggesting we would show our young friend around is all, right Kevin?? We can take him out to some nice places, wether or not we leave him there is another story. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

look I didnt start it just posting like he did. Just saying coming down lets go riding.. but bring all u say u have

88Wrangles - let me know your leave date - gotta come over to take a pic of your Jeep in-tow behind that train! Hehe LBR

LBR said:
88Wrangles - let me know your leave date - gotta come over to take a pic of your Jeep in-tow behind that train! Hehe LBR

LOL! Still not sure how to get it there, but I'm working on it. I could just hook up behind the train!

I'll be there for about a week or two. Any one from around Charleston?? Is there a lot of beach access there or is the coast not open to off road vehicles like it is here in the west? I will be leaving the last week of July

i would say there is very little, if any, beach access in the charleston, SC area. most of my family lives there so i visit quite often... and i've never seen or heard of any coastal beach area that allows 4x4's or really any vehicles on it. i'd say you'll have a pretty hard time finding much to drive on in SC. now if you head up to NC, VA, TN, or WV (i live in charleston, WV)... you'll definitely find some great trails. how about taking a road trip up to paragon while you're over here on the east coast:)

Back