Buying a 1987 Wrangler???

mujaman

well i went with a friend today to pick up a 1996 4.0L auto cherokee that he bought. he got it from a guy who's a mechanic and has taken good care of it (even though he's the second owner)... so its in real good shape mechanically and cosmetically. it has 184,000 miles on it though, with the original transmission and engine... but the t-case has been rebuilt. he got it all for 3,000 though, which i think is a pretty good deal. no rust anywhere, nice interior, good tires, alloy rims off a 2001... nice rig. anyways, another mechanic was there at the guy's shop when we bought it and he started talking to me about a jeep he has to sell... its a 1987 wranger. here's the catch though: he took out the 258 and dropped in a 4.0 from a '94 YJ (along with the transmission and t-case). that engine and drivetrain was at about 69,000 miles when he did it also. the jeep also has mickey thompson alloy rims, brand new 31x10.50 baja claws, hard top, all new interior, new rubber seals, new windows/windshield, and no rust anywhere. its just waiting for a paint job now... its primed gray and ready to go. the guy is moving though so thats why he wants to sell it... and he's got a killer price on it (atleast i think so anyways): $4,000! i have a few friends who i think may be interested, so tell me what you all think about it (esp. about that engine swap and all), the price, etc. oh, and i installed my warn M8000 on the bull bar on my cherokee tonight: my $500 well spent:) winches aren't exactly a cinch to install though... it was a little more time-consuming than i counted on. oh well though, its working good now. i'll post pics of it if i can figure out how to or if somebody will remind me how (last time i tried it didn't work).

Another idea....

don't everybody respond all at once now...:)

that sounds like a good deal, get rid of the old carburated and go to the ever prevailing feul inject 4.0, thats a major ordeal to do unless he got all that stuff cheap so yea good deal

Back