Just bought my first Jeep, would appreciate info

ZBTstang

I just bought my first jeep, a 98 Wrangler SE with 80k on the engine (4 clyc
image-missing.png
). Its black with only a soft top. I have a few small dings near the driver side door, and some rust on the windshield hinge, passengers side. I already have the sound bar and the towing package.

I am very eager to become a jeep enthusiast. I would appreciate any advice you all could give me on how to take care, easy upgrades, easy fixes, anything for my jeep. I am looking to find a hard top relatively soon before winter really hits. Although I will use this Jeep for some basic offroading this will be mostly an on-road jeep. [addsig]

Welcome to the wide world of Jeeps. First thing is to get a second job! Then get yourself some Jeep catalogs and start the never ending journey of spending. Dont get me wrong it is going to be the most fun you ever had. What ever you wnat from a serious rock crawler, mud running, swamp slopping, or blvd. crusier you can do it in a jeep. I am very new to jeeps myself and the folks here on this message board are very willing to help. Just read the past post here and you will learn much. There are thoes that only want v8 some that want 6s but some of uys are very happy with our 4 bangers. It is all about you and what you want from your Jeep. ood Luck and dont be afraid to ask! Tug

image-missing.png
[addsig]

if only it was that easy that someone could tell you what to do to your jeep... but you're on your own! this is the best jeep discussion board currently online, and there's plenty of people here willing to help. just ask specific questions and people will help. welcome aboard!<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Code:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><PRE> </PRE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>[addsig]

Ask and you shall receive. The thing is, though, you have to ask. For starters just take care of it. Do the basic maintenance. No need for a hard top, get a thick jacket/coat and a beanie.
image-missing.png
Don't knock the 4 bangers, add a super-charger and you get some sweet power. Plus 4 bangers get awesome gas mileage. As far as wanting to become a Jeep enthusiast, sounds like you already are.
image-missing.png
But you do need to get a JEEPZ.COM sticker, now.[addsig]

Back