Georgia just can't stay out of the news

L33TJ33P

What can we say about Georgia.

And to add to my previous post. HA HA HA HA HA

STATESBORO, Georgia (AP) -- Seven teenagers who beheaded two chickens because they were curious whether they would run around with their heads cut off will soon learn a lot more about the birds.

A judge ordered the five boys and two girls -- ages 17 to 19 -- to clean chicken coops and read a book about animals' feelings as part of their sentence.

In September 2003, the seven teens went to a Wal-Mart and bought machetes, kitchen knives and a hatchet, then drove to a chicken farm and stole eight chickens. They beheaded two chickens, videotaping the carnage before the homeowner caught them.

The chickens "sort of ran a very short distance and they sort of flopped over," said defense attorney Garland Moore, who attributed the teens' behavior to youthful curiosity.

The teens were convicted of animal cruelty charges.

Judge John R. Turner on Friday instructed them to read a book about animal cruelty and turn in a report on it. They were also ordered to perform community service hours cleaning chicken houses.

Moore criticized the state for initially charging the teens with the deaths of eight chickens, not two, on the premise the other six died because of the stress of witnessing the beheadings.

"Had the state pressed the issue, I was prepared to ask for an autopsy on the six chickens to determine if they actually died from stress," he quipped.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/06/16/chicken.killings.ap/index.html

Imagine if you will if these people saw how my family and MANY more used to kill chickens for dinner. OMG HA HA HA HA HA

L33TJ33P said:
Imagine if you will if these people saw how my family and MANY more used to kill chickens for dinner. OMG HA HA HA HA HA

My mom said they used to just pick them up by the head and give them a good spin to break their neck. Hey, thats life (and death) for chickens.

Yeah, they flop around much more when you give them the old twist. HA HA HA I wonder if these chickens belonged to the boys and they needed dinner if the same would have heppened.

Chickens can die from the stress of watching thier chicken kin die? Weird...

Sounds like Scientific Research to me. They could have approached it better, by actually buying some chickens.
I think the punishment was fitting. It may do those kids some good to get in there up to their ankles in Chicken Dung for a few days.

Chicken autopsy? OMG!!!!!! Yeah, I remember givin' them the ol' spin job, too. What do the want, chicken farmers to kill them by lethal injection?!?!? OMG, this is sad, but too, too funny!!! Yeah, those kids will think twice about killing chickens again after spending a month cleaning coops....not a fun job!

Well, what an odd story. Now CHICKENS, I can talk about. I live in the chicken capitol of the world! lol Good old Delmarva, home of Perdue Farms. We know our chickens!

We had a chicken killing stump when I grew up and everyone had a chicken house next door. I'd never fantasized about killing chickens though but I did watch my grandma put them on the chopping block or wring their necks so I guess I had my fill of that. They do run around quit a big. Way gross about cleaning coops, yep a nasty chore. Did my bit of that too, caring for them. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Never again!

Lady

Back