FINALLY!!!!

RAVEN13xxx

I finally talked my wife in getting a JEEP. We found her a 96 ZJ yesterday and brought it home tonight. She doesn't want me messing with it, just keep it running. (YEAH RIGHT!!!) :shock: :lol: I already got with Darrin at East Coast Off Road about the lift for it, and ordered some part from quadratec to beef up the 4.0. Now I need a T-case, and front diff. That's right, it only 2wd, but that may change (if she lets me, lol). I think we got a good deal on it, $3600. It's in GREAT shape and only needs new headlights. The ones on there are getting cloudy. Any other suggestions for "mild" mods??? (mild for her anyway. :twisted:)

tell her converting it to 4WD will increase the resale and she'll totally go for it. get the H4 headlight conversion for it to replace those foggy ones. i got mine off ebay for really cheap. i got a nice short ram K & N off there too. (beefing up the 4.0)

congratulations!! It's always fun getting a Jeep!!!

I've got to ask, has Jeepz.com really been around since 1969??

Add your website to Jeepz.com

88Wrangles said:

Not sure where you saw that? Maybe you were looking at someone's post count? I believe Jeepz.com was put online in 2002, but am not completely sure about that :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

It sais that RAVEN13xxx joined Dec. 31st, 1969---so I was just wondering. Guess I must be seeing things then!

Hmmmm. Since the internet wasn't even an idea back then, I'm going to have to say ...no.
Maybe some of the older guys were doing it by regular mail.
"Will these spur grips fit on my CJ5 with a shackle lift and 2 add a leaves?"
two weeks later: "No."

Actually Jeepz.com has been around long before 2002. IT say I joined in 1969, due to a previous crash. I actually joined in 2000. All I know is when there were member numbers, mine was REALLY low. But, I have been around since 1966. :lol: Sept. 15th to be exact. :shock:

The two inch budget lift is great for those who want a little more hieght without breaking to deep in the wallet. I have two ZJ's one for me and one for my wife. After I lifted mine with a front to rear coil swap my wife decided she wanted hers lifted. I know she will never need the lift so the budget lift is what I will do for her. She want's to make a grill guard and a roof rack for her now. Again this is all for cosmetic purposes in her eyes. Last time I took her wheeling she had one hand on the aw-sh** handle and one on the dash screaming SLOW DOWN. The thrill of modifying will eventually get into her blood as well. Congratulations on your new Jeep.

Will 31's fit under it with a 1 3/4 spacer lift?? I'd like to put my 31x11.50's Kuhmo M/T's on it and then go 33x14 Boggers and another 2" on my TJ. i just want the 31's on the ZJ for looks right now though. :twisted:

Hi,

Internet archives are always interesting to look at. It is funny to look at big sites like Yahoo from years past. It really shows how web pages and the internet have become and are still becomming more multimedia enhanced.

Hmmmm. Since the internet wasn't even an idea back then, I'm going to have to say ...no.
Maybe some of the older guys were doing it by regular mail.
"Will these spur grips fit on my CJ5 with a shackle lift and 2 add a leaves?"
two weeks later: "No."

LOL. The forum is much quicker :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

I can't wait...

As I understand 31's will fit under a stock height grand cherokee so with a spacer no problem. I have seen one with 32's with a budget lift with some rubbing of course. The rim backspacing has a lot to do with it. If you leave the stock coil isolators on you will get the full two inches of lift.

Back