I'm pulling the YJ off of death row!

I'm givin her 1 more chance and 1 more injection of cash. I read what you folks wrote a few weeks back and took the advice of dear old dad and decided to stick her back up on the rack again(hence the username). This time though I'm taking my time and doing it right. I considered rebuilding the transmission myself but have opted for a used rebuilt instead due to my less than average mechanical abilities. I can handle the engine work easy enough though.
It's strange, the attatchment you form with a Jeep, especially mine. I mean, the thing has been beat to death, I hardly ever wash it unless caked with mud, it's loud and in the winter it's a cold ride to work. Then summer hits. You take the top and the doors off ,hit the trail and you forget about all of its flaws.
Anyway, enough about that. Just thought you'd like an update on the fate of my jeep. I'M STAYIN!!

you made a good choice by deciding to go rebuilt rather than getting into it yourself... those trannies are not the easiest to work with

I'm givin her 1 more chance and 1 more injection of cash.
I'm sure Tug's disappointed - probly thought he could get a deal! (he, he, he) Seriously, I admire your choice. Once it's in your blood, you'll need a total transfusion to get it out. Best of luck - hope to see you on the trails somewhere.

muc

ahhhh another yj! finally people are seeing the light... good choice in resurecting it if you need any help around the yj just drop me a line

Back