B.S>ed and Happy at the same time!

jps4jeep

Super Moderator
I went to pick up my new D44 f&r axles tuesday, so I drive the 1 1/2 hours to get there, and the guy had bad news, the person he was holding the axles for sold them to someone else the other day :evil:
He is the propriator of a jeep junk yard.
I was trading him a set of mint 1/2 doors, a grille gaurd, set of decent 31" mt on A.R.E. Nitro rims and all my spare parts plus $100 for a set of sick D 44 with moser axles and perches already set up for a YJ!

SO long story longer, I get there, and he gives me the bad news but he is a jeeper and knows my troubles (ex D30/D35 set up with 3.07's)
so, he tells me to keep the $150, and takes all the other part, gives me a D44 front with 4.11 right out of a SJ with all the steering! then gives me a D44 rear that has the perchs welded for a YJ, but is in pieces. He was in the process of building it for the guy who had the other parts. so he also gives me all the parts I need to put it back together, brand new axles, brand new drums, pretty new backing plates. and get this, 3 sets of ring and pinion, all are 4.11's with carriers and bearings, and yokes and all!
plus when I make the swap, he said he will give me $100 for my factory D30 D35!!!

Yeehaw!!!!

He was very honest and really did feel bad for the mistake. I think I am gonna just give him my axles for nothing cause I don't want them, and he already saved me a ton of $$ cause the new parts!

located in Ashby Massachusetts.

No lockers :( yet :D

I have been doing a lot of research and I think I may be in a little over my head with the front axle. but the rear should be easy and straight fowrad. All the articles I consult have these extravigant steering set ups with all different types of heim joints, and junk!

I think I am gonna source a chevy 3/4 ton front set up and see if I can swap it over with as little trouble as possible.

Any one done something like this? I know Bounty has the same front as I do???

if you want i can send you some pic's of my high steer set-up for my full width 3/4 dana 44. just need an e-mail address. total cost for high steer set-up was 350.00 CAN for the arms, studs, cones and machine work. i built my own drag link out of the dana 30's old tie-rod bar!!

lemme know. :lol:

That's a bad day anybody would love to have! Pretty nice of that guy to throw in the extras, he probably felt like a complete jerk when he had to tell ya the axles were gone. Sounds like he made good and then some. Giving back the 30 & 35 would be a nice gesture and I'm sure it won't be that last time you deal with the guy.

Keep us posted on the progress

west747 said:
if you want i can send you some pic's of my high steer set-up for my full width 3/4 dana 44. just need an e-mail address. total cost for high steer set-up was 350.00 CAN for the arms, studs, cones and machine work. i built my own drag link out of the dana 30's old tie-rod bar!!

lemme know. :lol:
Hey West could ya??

jps4jeep@yahoo.com

Back