the new grand... the 2006 wrangler?

jeepsnsoccer

I wanted to know what everyone thought of the '05 grand. I just saw a picture of it and I kinda like it. What does everyone else think? Also, mujaman said he saw a pic of the projected '06 wrangler redesign, has anyone else seen anything about it? I would love to see the pics...

I have heard rumors of the Hemi getting put in the 05 Grand cherokee ...any truth to that?

Yeah, it's got a Hemi:

Redesigned from the ground up, the all-new 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee offers the ultimate in on- and off-road capability, increased safety, a quieter ride, plus the comfort and refinement that Grand Cherokee has always been known for. The new 5.7 liter HEMI® V8 engine delivers "best-in-class" horse power, towing and torque. The HEMI engine also uses a new fuel efficient Multi-Displacement System that automatically switches the HEMI V8 to run on 4-cylinder mode when cruising the highway. This advanced technology improves the HEMI V8's fuel economy without sacrificing on-demand power.*

Grand Cherokee's all-new fully integrated four-wheel-drive system, Quadra-Drive IIâ„¢, is an industry break-through. Electronic Limited Slip Differentials that can almost instantly shift 100% of torque to even just one wheel, front or back, should you need it. And a new Brake Traction Control System works in harmony with Quadra-Drive II and the standard four-wheel antilock brakes to help manage traction and steering control during hard braking events.

Vehicle traction and safety are also improved with Grand Cherokee's available Electronic Stability Program†. It provides constant, system-wide monitoring to maintain traction and keep the vehicle on course.

The all-new 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee steps ahead with class-leading innovations in capability, style and safety, with significant improvements in noise reduction and ride quality. That's why those who want true off-road capability combined with ultimate on-road refinement will find everything they need in the all-new 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

image-missing.png

http://www.jeep.com/autoshow/news/2004_04_02_05_grand_cherokee_14971.html

Sounds to me like any of the millions of other SUV's rolling around on the highways and biways of our country. So is it still a Jeep or is just another Dodge in a Jeeps clothing? :oops: tug

Is it just me, or does that thing resemble a Dodge..... hopefully just me, cause I sure would hate for DC to bring more than the HEMI to Jeep.... :?

that 07 wrangler looks alot like the jeep rescue concept, basically a 2 door version. I like it, and it looks like they are staying with solid axles which is always a good sign. Too bad they are probably ditching the winch for production. They should put a Hemi in that thing! I've got nothing against a Hemi... but it does seem like they are doing it just cause dodge is.

The 07 wrangler is so far the best looking concept I have seen yet. I would buy it over any of the other new concepts. Have you guys seen the rubicon unlimited?

I also noticed that the new grand has a 5 link rear suspension. I wonder who will tinker with that first??

goodyear hi miler hoses

i like both of them. this is the first time that I have seen the wrangler redesign, and I like it a lot. They haven't done it any misjustice in my mind.

i think the grand is hideous, it looks like an oldschool isuzu trooper crossed with those new durangos. very ugly. the wrangler looks nice tho, a little space age, but its cool

Back