Just got outta jail

jeepmaster said:
pot isnt nearly as harmful as a pack a day or alcoholism
\

I have to disagree with that statement, Jeepmaster.
Marijuana vs. Tobacco

It's true that both marijuana and tobacco contain toxic chemicals such as tar, carbon monoxide, and cyanide. But marijuana smoke has more cancer-causing chemicals than tobacco. As stated before, it contains more than 400 harmful chemicals, which includes cancer-causing carcinogens. Marijuana smoke contains some of the same carcinogens and toxic chemicals as tobacco, but in higher concentrations. The amount of marijuana smoke inhaled per puff is two thirds larger than a typical puff of a tobacco cigarette. The reason behind this is that marijuana is smoked differently than tobacco. Marijuana smoke is inhaled deeper into the lungs, and is held there up to four times as long. These long drags force the rapid absorption THC by the lungs, the active ingredient in marijuana. As a result, the toxic chemicals in marijuana smoke can do much more damage to the lungs than cigarette smoke.

More from the same site:
Long-Term Use of Marijuana

* Addiction
* Anxiety
* Amotivational Syndrome
* Burnout
* Risk of Lung Cancer, Bronchitis, and Emphysema
* Memory Loss
* Damage to Immune System
* Infertility (for both men and women)
* Irregular Periods (for women)
* Impotency (for men)
* Heart and lung damage
* Hormonal imbalances
* Low blood pressure
* Blurred Vision

Behavior of Users

* Wear shades or sunglasses to hide bloodshot eyes
* Change their friends
* Decline in school academics and performance at the workplace
* Secretive
* Suffer from a loss of motivation and interest in life
* Not able to perform simple tasks
* Less socially interactive
* Constant Déjà vu
* Self-absorbed
* Sloppy
* Loud talk and laughter

Yeah, sounds like something I want to spent my money on. And yes, I have smoked pot in my younger days. It never did anything for me.

far_right wrote:
Quote:

why dont you just quit your b*tchin' and take responsibilty for you actions instead of saying the cops tricked you. you F-ed up now its time to pay the price
:roll:

so you think jeepmaster should just get a slap on the wrist for 1/2 pounds of pot?
and if i recall correctly this isnt the first time jeepmaster has had a run in with the law.

Jeepmaster, thanks for sharing, sucks you got pinched
why does it "suck" he broke the law. got caught. time to play by the rules. end of story.

far right - when did i get in trouble before? and i sucks that i got caught because my rights were violated, not that i got caught (which actually does also suck because no one wants to get caught) and yes i think i should just get a slap on the wrist, and you know waht? thats pretty much what i am going to get, LONG probabtion

thanks dropseys, i wasnt trying to bash all officers, judgin by what you're saying im gonna go out on a limb and say you're an officer.. i dont have any problem with that, bounty's an officer too and he's also a great guy.. im not anti-officer

but south, isnt it also true that nearly 90% of the THC is absorbed in the first 3-5 seconds in the lungs? thats what me and my buddies operated on, so we werent holding anything in.. i was just basing my statement off, when i'd smoke some pot one night, i wouldnt feel any different the next morning, but if i'd do some drinking and smoke some ciggarretes (hand in hand), the next morning i'd be coughing and hacking and feel like someone stabbed me in the lungs 4 or 5 times.

I think they should legalize marijuana and sell it in the state ABC liquor stores as well as grow it on state controlled farms. Then use the profits and taxes to fund Drug Awareness programs and go after the dealers and manufacturers of the more hardcore drugs like cocaine (crack), heroin and crystal meth.
I spent some time in the Netherlands where it is legalized. They have a good system over there and I never noticed that abuse was a problem. You can legally possess a couple of grams at one time and you have to have a license to distribute it at "Hash Bars." Hash Bars are as common as regular bars here and no one seemed to make a big fuss over it.
You have to be 18 to drink, or smoke over there, but you can't get a driver's license until you are 20 or 21. That kind of allows most of the younger people to get all the "stupid" out of their system before they get behind a set of wheels.

Oh yeah, it is also mandatory that all able bodied persons join the Dutch military for 2 years after high school.

i dont think pot and alcohol would be as big a deal if it weren't illegal. who thinks getting wasted is cool when they've been able to do it with their mom since they were 13. :lol:

jeepmaster said:
i dont think pot and alcohol would be as big a deal if it weren't illegal. who thinks getting wasted is cool when they've been able to do it with their mom since they were 13. :lol:
speaking of that, what did mom and pop say?

redrooster said:
Oh yeah, it is also mandatory that all able bodied persons join the Dutch military for 2 years after high school.
i dont know that i agree with that. the military is no different than a sports team when taking morale into account. required military service means half the people do not want to be there. america has the most powerful militaries in the world because of funding, but also because people want to be there, people believe in what they're doing. that goes a long way.

as far as the drug thing jeepmaster.....lesson learned, enough said.

mom and pop are glad to have me back from jail.. they're dissapointed and what not, but they know i learned my lesson. they're most worreid about my college, i cant leave the state now til my court date, and i was supposed to attend college in PA on the 13th... looks like the only college i can get into on this short of notice is gonna be community collge for me.. oh well my fault

Dope is the man's way of keeping you down! hehehe That part was a joke, but the rest is real:

It's a multi-billion dollar industry.

Think of how much the lawyers make on it.

How much money and property the Gov't seizes every year.

How many people are employed to fight it.

How much some get paid for looking the other way. I don't mean all - probably very few, but it happens.

They will never legalize it. Too many jobs and income at stake.

funeral parlors

wheel manufacturers,

amps, subwoofers, window tint, THERE'S NO END!!!! :lol:

Fighting it is as big an industry as the drug trade itself.

Don't be a part of it, save your brain and your cash. Have a beer instead (in moderation).

The only ones that must really want it to stop is the police who work on the street everyday, and I don't envy themone bit, but I sure am thankful for them.

They don't call it "Dope" fop nothin'!!!

they're most worreid about my college, i cant leave the state now til my court date, and i was supposed to attend college in PA on the 13th... looks like the only college i can get into on this short of notice is gonna be community collge for me.. oh well my fault

Check with the courts - doesn't sound like your a "flight risk" to me. They may actually give you permission as long as you stay in touch (based on personal experience from raising (and being) a wayward son - believe me, payback's a mother!)

far right, you really need to cut the kid some slack, your dad his dad and you dont need to enforce the law to its fullest extent on the message board,
Quote:

far_right wrote:
Quote:

why dont you just quit your b*tchin' and take responsibilty for you actions instead of saying the cops tricked you. you F-ed up now its time to pay the price

so you think jeepmaster should just get a slap on the wrist for 1/2 pounds of pot?
and if i recall correctly this isnt the first time jeepmaster has had a run in with the law.

Quote:

Jeepmaster, thanks for sharing, sucks you got pinched

why does it "suck" he broke the law. got caught. time to play by the rules. end of story.

it almost seems like you have something against him but im not going to go into that, if you havent ever used a drug in your life then great for you, but if you have then shut your trap because youd be doing the same thing he is, he isnt bitching, whining, moaning or yelling about anything but the mere fact that he thinks he was unfairly detained and searched and how this led to his being caught with something that a vast majority of the population use or carry on them daily. so do everyone a favor, quit being so righteous and try and understand something before assuming that this guy is a hardcore felon

currupt4130 said:
something that a vast majority of the population use or carry on them daily.

I think that might be stretching it. In fact that's way off base.
I'm not perfect; never claimed to be, but I do know the difference in right and wrong, legal and illegal. If the kid got detained and arrested and hadn't done anything wrong I could understand him bitching about it, but he was doing something wrong, he got caught, and he's crying about the way the cops treated him not being fair. They caught you with a 1/2 pound of weed. You took the risk and you got caught. You will get no sympathy from me for getting arrested. I do hope you learned your lesson and don't end up like the guys I used to run around with. At the time I didn't think smoking was that big of a deal, but if you step back and look at how this has screwed your life up it's just not worth it. If you are a 1st time offender plead with the judge to let you go to school. If he won't let you leave go off to PA go to community college until you can go and then GO. This looks familiar to me with weed causing you to not go to school (directly or indirectly); don't end up living with your parent and working at video store when you're 30 because you'd rather work there and be able to get high than get a real job. I don't buy the "weed isn't that bad" crap because I've seen first hand how it can take a guy who's got everything going for him and make him lay on his ass all day and only get up to get more weed. How do people imitate a pothead? They talk slow, act stupid, giggle like an idiot, and stumble around. Seems right to me. You could say the same for alchohol but at least with alchohol you DO have a hangover the next day to keep you from wanting to get drunk again right away. Hangovers are a good thing in that they make you take responsibility for your actions. Jeepmaster, you're young, and sounds like you're thinking in the right direction. Good luck. On a lighter note, all this thread makes me thing of is:

ARE YOU A POTHEAD, FOKKER?

it almost seems like you have something against him
not in the least. look at past posts, between us, i have never been anything but nice. :mrgreen:
if you havent ever used a drug in your life then great for you,
then i guess great for me.
but if you have then shut your trap
but since i havent, i can keep on?
thinks he was unfairly detained and searched
i seriousuly (sp) doubt the P.O. detained and searched him because he thought it would be fun.
vast majority of the population use or carry on them daily.

i beg to differ.

currupt4130 wrote:
something that a vast majority of the population use or carry on them daily.

I think that might be stretching it. ... Jeepmaster, you're young, and sounds like you're thinking in the right direction. Good luck. On a lighter note, all this thread makes me thing of is:

ARE YOU A POTHEAD, FOKKER?

best post in this thread.

Back