Toyota 4Runner

FiCJeep

I know this is a Jeeps site but somewhere along the lines someone knows or has had a toyota in their life. my question is i might be able to score a good deal on a 93 4runner with 98,000 miles on it, it has a 5spd 3.0 lt V6 and 4wheel drive. i was just wondering how this truck will hold up and what to expect out of it?? its not a definite yet but im hopping it will be.

Thanks
FiC

Toyota had a recall on the head gaskets on that motor. I had a 94 that I built for my mother. It was a total when I got it. I put a new frame in it and a front clip. The truck was a good one. Had 100,000 on it when we got it and 270,000 when we got rid of it. I like Toyotas. I have had many and they were always good to me.

if you do get it.... ditch the muffler... those yota 3.0s sound like mean monsters with a straight catback... and the run forever

i had one... RUN... run FAST.... RUN FAR!!!
i had the 3.0 also, and had to be the worst engine thato have EVER had the displeasure to press the gas of... most 4cyls have more power.... and gas mileage is TERRIBLE on top of that with the auto... if it had a 350/700r4 it would be a bad@rse SUV... the drivetrain sucks though....

The ones I have driven were gutless pigs but they run forever.

I don't think you can go wrong with a Toyota. I've owned an '85 4wd PU, a '99 Camry, and my wife has a '97 Camry. Excellent track record. Had 275,000 on the PU when I sold it and still ran good. The '99 only had 85,000 on it, but it was a pimp-mobile; leather, wood grain interior, soft ride package, gold trim, CD, sunroof, power EVERYTHING.....sweet ride, but really terrible at off-roading.....so I traded it for the YJ!!

they run forever but i think they're cursed. 3 of my friends have had them and all 3 have crashed and totaled them

i agree with the cursed thing. had a corolla, caught on fire. toyota in my mind = :twisted:
though that may be a good reason to get one and wheel it to its end :twisted:

Back