flat fender or not to flat fender...that is the question.

mingez

Tell me what you think?

I lieu of my impending YJ purchase (Yes Sully we all know what you think about square headlights) I have already begun to dream about what I want to do to it.

Polls have done me some justice concerning my XJ as you all are a smart bunch of cookies. So, what are your opinions on the flat fender conversion?

i say do it... i'm definitely going flat when i get the time to do it... and i have a secret idea.... you'll see

do it best mod i ever did... i can give u step by step on how i did it if you need it, possibly the best thing to do. you dont bend in teh fenders at all after you do it

aww comon Snitty...share the wealth!!lol :lol: :lol: i am curious as to what your secert is now tho! i really like the look and fucntion of flat fenders...anything that fits a bigger tire without lifting the rig higher is a good thing......the best clearance gained is under the differental! i will be going flatfender if i ever get this GD BL out! :oops: dang Canadian rust!

COMON!! WHAT DO YA GOT...LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like the flatty conversion. Doing it right can make a big difference on how it looks. I've seen some nice ones, but I saw a real hack job in DC once, it would have looked better stock.

Not that I think you would do a hack job, just thought it worth the mention.

yeah no question do it up. them spyder ones look really nice. whats the rules on them? that screams failed inspection right?

Flat fenders, CJ style rear flares, and that bra covering those square headlights.....That thing is shaping up to be one of the nicest looking YJs I think I've ever seen! hahaha.

I can find slightly bent up YJ fenders around here for next to nothing. If you can do the same, you might want to grab a set to slice up and keep your nice ones in one piece in case you want to switch back or sell the Jeep. A friend of mine got some used fiberglass fenders to do his flatty conversion, they were nice. No sharp edges, super lightweight, and it's easier to work with.

anyone have any pics of a yj flat fendered, with the flares still on? is there anyway to do it and make the flat fender look decent like that?

Back